Menu
4gbwhy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

data max

upgrade due virgin offer 4gb max of data old contract is unlimited texts/calls/data and of course the new 4gb contract i have been offered costs more.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: data max

Last I read it (some months ago), the data usage was unlimited, but: say in the case of a "4GB" mention. The 4GB would be received at whatever max speed you could attain at given moment. After that, it went into a crippled mode (speed drastically slower until the refresh date rolls around.) All of that falling under 'fair usage.'

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ Shelke

Going back too THIS thread from a little while ago, the fair usage is still capped at 3.5gig on a calender month basis - so the last 500meg of the 4gig allowance would still be crippled.

The same with the 8gig sim-only, it is still has a fair usage set at 3.5gig - so over half of your data allowance will run at the crippled speed :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @teabag That's not a good situation Cat Sad

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos