Menu
Highlighted
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

data charge

Just  noticed  I have been charged   £4    for additional data usage,   at 11.46pm unknown to me my 1gb   had expired   I thought  I would get   dissconnected,  but no  and as I  carried on untill after 12.00hrs    I have automatically been charged  £2 for   the 14minutes  on the 13/04/   and another £2  for continuing  after midnight on the 14/04/  is there any way  I can  be warned before hand  when  it runs out of  allowed data?   as the   usage  shown   was still in credit at the time,  it takes  up to 30 minutes to update the  usage !!!!!!!!

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: data charge

Hi colinfriend,

it might be worth having a look at the settings on your device.

I know my Android phone monitors mobile data usage and has the ability to warn and / or restrict at levels of your choosing.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi colinfriend,

it might be worth having a look at the settings on your device.

I know my Android phone monitors mobile data usage and has the ability to warn and / or restrict at levels of your choosing.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi Alex   I use  my  data sim card in my dongle  on laptop  when  I'm  not at home    so  I dont think I have that setting, but I have just   chated to  Virgin  on the phone  and explained,  and fair enough they are going to waive   the  charge  and  stop   the   unlimited  data usage,  so well done to them 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi colinfriend,

great result, thanks for reporting back Smiley Happy

Interesting because Virgin don't cap the data on SIM's used in mobile phones. I wonder if this is something available only to data SIM users or Virgin area having a change of policy and now will cap allowances on request.

Superuser1718.png
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure,      I think  it was said more like  they will  stop  me   from access