Menu
david_g_craig
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

contract renewal

My contract is due up in march, I have been getting calls from the sales teams about the contract due to end soon. I decided that there was no phone that I wanted on contract and thought that I would go SIM only. So on one of these calls I said to the agent that I did not want a new phone but would like to just have a SIM instead. He went through a couple of the SIM only deals and I chose the one that would suit me best. I said to him that I wanted to keep the same number as I have had my number for many years and did not want the hastle of giving my numbers out to everyone again. I was told that as it was changing to 4g it would have to change (I didn't think it was right but went ahead anyway).

I also asked the guy when will this new deal take effect. I was told that it would not happen until I have received the new SIM and activated it (i would have thought that it would have rolled over when either a new month on current contract or when contract ended).

However I have discovered now that I appear to have 2 accounts set up (possibly then being 2 contracts, my account that I have had for years and this new number), AND I have had an email stating that this new deal will be taking a payment on the 25th of jan........ neither of these things were explained to me leaving me totally confused about what is happening.

It also did not help that the person that was doing the selling I could not understand and had to strain to hear what he was saying as he was either saying too fast or mumbled.....

0 Kudos
david_g_craig
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract renewal

so it turns out that a second contract was set up and that I could have kept my same number. was really not impressed as a full credit search was done to get this other contract which will now have affected my credit file as a search being done. I had raised it as a complaint through the relations team who have agreed to cancel the other account and I wouldn't get billed for it and they are sending a new 4G SIM for my existing contract, however they are unable to amend credit file. This was one thing that I am not happy about as I know that if it is a business error then the credit file can be amended (I work for a credot card company and deal with this on a regular basis, they would need to send off to the credit file agencies (experian, equifax and callcredit) to remove search from file). unfortunatley the complaints guy said that they ere unable to do anything with it as it had already been done, TBH i grew tired of the situation and left it at that but def not happy.

0 Kudos
david_g_craig
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disapointing service

I have been a customer of virgin media for along time now. Usually the service has been good, until now. I have recently upgraded mobile package but the agent who "sold" me the new package set it up as a new contract (not a good start), then he told me that I had to have a different number (later found out this was incorrect also), then was told that the billing period would not start until I had received and activated this new SIM (again was not correct). I got an email saying that I was getting billed, just 2 days after speaking to this agent and before receiving the SIM.

So I decided to phone to find out what is going on. I was told that there was indeed 2 accounts set up, they told me that they would cancel the other account and send me out a new SIM for my existing mobile account and it would be sent by Yodel and I would receive it on moday 16th Jan. As I was not happy that they had set up a second contract, I asked to raise a complaint. I asked the customer relations agent to remove the search from the credit file as this was an error on VM's behalf, and I was told that as the search has already been done then they could not remove it, (this i know is not correct), and as the deal that I was going to get for the other SIM was only for new contracts and not for upgrades I was not going to get the same deal (granted I did get a slightly different deal).

So as if my disapointment was not enough already, I received an e-mail saying that my order was on its way, BUT not by Yodel but the royal mail and I would get it in 5-7 days. The customer relations agent even confirmed before I hung up that it was going to be yodel and that I would receive on the 16th............. TBH latest experience is almost enough for me to reconsider using VM in the future.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disapointing service

Hi david_g_craig,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting regarding your experience.

I am sorry to see things have not gone to plan here and would like to take a look into these issues for you.

I have sent you a PM with further details which you can access by clicking the red envelope in the top right corner.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos