Menu
jiewin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

changing sim card

I recently renewed my contract and got new phone. so giving wife my old phone. she is pay as you go with virgin but her sim card is the older one and need micro sim. I sent and received new sim. but wondered if there is any way she can keep her old number and transfer credit she still has on old sim to new one. hope I make sense

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: changing sim card

Hi jiewin,

when you say "I sent and received new sim" did you not make it clear that you wanted a replacement SIM?

Your wife will need to give the Virgin Team a call (free) on 789 from her mobile.

Tell them that she has a new phone and needs a change of SIM size. Request one of the "multi SIM's" then she can just pop it out to the correct size.

Once received and activated it will retain the her original number and remaining credit Smiley Happy

Alternatively you could trim her original SIM down to size yourself (sounds scary but really easy).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: changing sim card

Hi jiewin,

when you say "I sent and received new sim" did you not make it clear that you wanted a replacement SIM?

Your wife will need to give the Virgin Team a call (free) on 789 from her mobile.

Tell them that she has a new phone and needs a change of SIM size. Request one of the "multi SIM's" then she can just pop it out to the correct size.

Once received and activated it will retain the her original number and remaining credit Smiley Happy

Alternatively you could trim her original SIM down to size yourself (sounds scary but really easy).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.