Menu
hobnob97
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

cancellation troubles

i rang on 26 September and spoke to Joan. I told her wanted a pac code because I was going to giff gaff and then asked if it would be possible to keep the contract £5 a month for my son under a new number. She told me she didn't understand, I am not electronically minded I might have been asking for something totally out there but I had an idea in my head...she really didn't know and neither did I. In the end I asked her to send the pac code and I would continue with my thinking for another time so wanted to cancel the contract. I still don't  think she understood me and I didn't understand her (I am so tech phobic is embarrassing). Thinking it all went well, I went onmy merry way. Last year I had a long standing prob where I was paying full contract price on a phone that was only worth £5 for six months as nobody had told me about the expiration of the contract or rang me to ask me about another package...customer care lacked considerably then because again, language was an issue.

Today, I found I have received an email telling me I owe £3 + for the next bill. There should not be another bill. It should be blank. Giff Gaff have been paying for my calls since I put their card in the back.....WHAT HAS HAPPENED?? I don't know, I have anxiety issues that mean I can't talk to people on the phone; not copping out, I am seeing someone as it is because of a a traumatic experience. I rely on phone to text people because of it. I had a panic attack after talking with Joan because I can't do it and keep my head in the right place....

It would be lovely if there was a customer service department that actually spoke English, understood English and was able to deal with people who don'thave a clue as to what to do...I wanted to cancel my contract....I thought I did...but I DIDN'T...Help!! Please. If it wasn't a case that I need a mobile phone to keep me safe, just incase I have a health issue where I need support asap I truly wouldn't have one because it just makes my anxiety and worry worse....Please help Virgin. Please cancel my phone as I had asked for...I don't owe you money because I have been debited by Giff Gaff. I went to them because of the poor service I was given last year after talking to so many customer service people who all pretended they didn't know what I was saying so had to repeat everything. I ended up literally nearly having a breakdown because I really can't speak with people on the phone as a norm...I don't know what to do....I need a thoughtful, caring and considerate customer service person to help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation troubles

Hi hobnob97

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with your account closure.

To clarify a few things, when you port your number over to another provider, this closes the account, so it's not possible to carry the same account on using another number. There would be nothing stopping you setting up a new account though with the same/similar package under a different number to continue to use. Just bear in mind if you pass this on to a third party you would remain responsible for any charges that person incurred.

If you leave us, we do require 30 days notice, so if you port the number during the notice period, you may incur partial month charges on your final bill as per our Terms and Conditions.

I hope that clears things up for you, but please get back in touch if there's any further assistance we can offer Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos