Menu
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

'Your Rewards' missing - no link

My accumulated 'Your Rewards' have gone missing or at least they are unavailable. When logged in on the revamped website there is no link from the Overview section. Or from the 'Plan and device' section or anywhere else. There is simply no mention of it all. When I check another of the family accounts, the 'Your Rewards' are specified as £0 in a section above the 'Ok PUK' details.

I have £20-£30 in 'Your Rewards' and I wanted to order a new phone with the discount but I can't. I rang yesterday and the call centre after checking with somebody in Tech Support reported back that the 'Your Rewards' are now properly called 'Crave Rewards' and the system is broken on some accounts. They are working on it. 24 hours after the call and several days after I first noticed the issue the problem is still present. He also advised that I could not order a new phone until the issue is fixed.

When is this problem going to be fixed?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Your Rewards' missing - no link

Hi Enceladus1,

Welcome to the Mobile forum Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've had some issues with the rewards on the account. I'll chase this up with my team for you.

I'll let you know when I have more info on this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Mat, thanks for the reply.

However when is the issue going to be fixed? It's now over a week since I set out to spend the accumulated "Your Rewards" for my account. But since your website revamp the rewards are just plain invisible and inaccessible. And judging by the number of complaints on this forum it looks like this actually happened at the end of March.

In my family we currently have four Virgin mobiles. After investigation one account (not the one I originally complained about) has the "Your Rewards" section and shows £0. One has the "Your Rewards" section missing but that might be correct as this was originally PAYG by Direct Debit and is now contract. However with two further accounts,  both still PAYG by Direct Debit, the "Your Rewards" section is just not present. These latter accounts are also more than 10 years old.

I have twice tried the call centre. On the 21st I was told that there was an issue with "Crave Rewards" affecting some accounts. Presumably the original PAYG by DD accounts? Further that the call centre had no means to determine the amount of missing "Your Rewards". And that they had no means to apply the rewards to a purchase. However I was assured that the problem was being worked on and would be fixed in 24-48 hours max.

Incidentally I had never heard of "Crave Rewards". So I only have the call centre's word for it that "Crave Rewards" are the new name for "Your Rewards". You own website still refers to "Your Rewards". See below.

Here we are nearly seven days after my call and the issue is still not fixed. Worse yet it looks like the problem has been actually unresolved for four weeks.

What do you think?

Is it good enough?

What are Virgin Mobile going to do about it?

Thanks,

"Upgrade your phone
If you're coming to the end of your contract, or if you're on Pay As You Go and you fancy a brand new phone, we'll be sure to find you another cracking deal.

Pay Monthly

Want to get the latest and best phone as soon as your contract comes to an end? Then make sure you don't miss our amazing early upgrade offers. Just register or log in to Your Account when your contract’s nearly up and as soon as you’re eligible we’ll get you the best deal we can. Keep an eye out for the green banner!

Pay As You Go

For every £100 you spend on calls and messages, or bundles, we'll give you £10 towards your next phone. With Your Rewards, you can earn up to £100 off any new phone in our range. Woohoo! See how much you have to spend by visiting Your Account and clicking on Your Rewards on the Overview page, any time you like. Fancy switching to a monthly tariff? We’ve got loads of great monthly airtime bundles to choose from. Just head over to the ‘Tariff and device’ page in Your Account for more information."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enceladus1,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're still waiting for the rewards. So we can find out exactly what's happened, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

You can view this by clicking on the red envelope in the top left corner.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Si2
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I seem to be having a similar issue to Enceladus1.

I am a long-standing customer on a legacy tariff (Daily Bonus), who had £50 of "Your Rewards" credit a couple of weeks ago that has been unexpectedly reduced to £0.

What should I do?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards

Si2

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Si2,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your rewards.

So we can look into this for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Si2,

How did you get on with this?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Si2 wrote:

Hi Mat

I seem to be having a similar issue to Enceladus1.

I am a long-standing customer on a legacy tariff (Daily Bonus), who had £50 of "Your Rewards" credit a couple of weeks ago that has been unexpectedly reduced to £0.

What should I do?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards

Si2

I suggest that your case is a bit different to mine. You had a reward balance and now it is £0. However presumably you can see it on your account when you log in? In my case I had a reward balance and now I can't see it all all. Whatever about the amount. The section on the website page where it should be is simply not there.

AIUI Virgin Mobile changed the website and the underlying account management software in April. PAYG accounts that are paid by Direct Debit are now incorrectly flagged as pay monthly contracts and as a consequence the "Your Rewards" section is missing and also the rewards themselves cannot be spent. Not even manually by the sales team in the call centre. They are aware of the issue and assured me it will be fixed. But clearly not today or tomorrow. Maybe this month, who knows? My impression is that it might be several more weeks.

Other folks seem to have a problem where the reward balance has not migrated. Or only a partial amount has migrated. But they are able to see the current balance (even if incorrect) online. That seems to be your situation?

Of course some folks might have both issues, I think I am an example.

BTW Virgin Mobile are now saying that unspent rewards expire after some period of time. One person mentioned 24 months. That's the first I've heard of rewards expiring. Nor is expiry mentioned on the web page linked from the account management, the text of which I quoted above. Nor have I ever had anything like a reminder email or even a text about unspent rewards.

So, on balance, I suggest that you open your own topic and ask for help.

Good luck.

Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

This now getting ridiculous in the extreme. The "My rewards" section has not been reinstated in over three months.

How long do you need to get this fixed? Or is the really the case that you have no intention whatsoever of fixing the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enceladus1,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies for your ongoing issue around your my rewards. Appreciate this is frustrating.

The mobile team should have access to your rewards for you.

Please give our team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can get this sorted for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos