Menu
michi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yodel Deliveries problem

I am so upset this delivery service. I was supposed to take delivery of upgraded handset on 4th Oct,  I waited from morning till late after noon, nothing came, so called virgin media service and explained, it took nearly one hour holding calls, and I was told they spoke with Yodel and it will be deliver by the end of the day, so to wait until 9pm. but nothing happened. from next day this same story repeated. 5th, 6th, 7th, everyday I phoned up to the virgin media and explained the same thing, hold on to the calls wasting time. I have told every time that my case is now handed as 'top priority' and it'll be delivery next day.  I really hoped their word are genuine and it to be delivered. but it wasn't. even though I called everyday, none of the record was kept, nothing had any progress. I suggested to get contact with Yodel directly, which didn't help. Yodel replied me there's nothing they could do, that they need to confirm with Virgin regarding delivery.

on 8th Oct,  found my account at Virgin the item is shown as having been delivered and completed.  I informed it to Virgin that Yodel parcel status says my parcel is at Yodel depot on 4th Oct and since then it's stuck in there. I was told from the lady I spoke at virgin this time defiantly should be delivered on Monday but I should try to call Virgin and Yodel to make sure.  On this day I wrote complain letter to virgin media and post it. It is ridiculous me to be in the middle of two companies. I'm a customer, not working for Virgin media either Yodel. I felt like my case is treated as the least priority.  

10th Oct, it's been a week. there's no delivery, no change at Yodel's track record site. I feel so wasted but called to virgin again. did exactly the same talk and feed back.

11th today, phoned virgin again, using my whole lunch break.  this friendly lady said she actually spoke with member of Yodel, and it should be delivery tomorrow, I should be able to check follow up by calling them. but because of what had been happening, I refused me to call them, asked them to call me or text me, not me to chasing them. it's not right. she says she'll call me back later today. she sounded very sincere but phone never rung.

later today I managed to go on chat line service of Yodel. Here I copy and paste how they say;

Welcome to Yodel Online. How can I help you today?

You have now been transferred to Kelly

I have been waiting for your delivery 8 days. could you check please.
my tracking no is; xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you. Please could you confirm the full name and delivery address that should be on your parcel?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you. Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?
ok thanks
Thank you.
your parcel is in depot, it should be deliver within 24 hours so please wait

actually I was told the same thing last week, but it didn't happened.

My best advice would be to contact your sender as I can see this has not had a scan for some time and the last scan shows as in transit.

will you tell me exactly when did my parcel left to my local depot

4th october.
why it's stack at there? I have been calling to virgin everyday, today as well, they told me they'll call me back after confirming with Yodel, but they haven't

I'm afraid at this time I am unable to advise any further unfortunately.

who should I ask to? you have my correct address. and my phone is in somewhere in your depot. and why it took so long to deliver it to me?
Virgin told me to get contact with you directly to proceed quickly.

I am afraid as we have not received the parcel they will not contact you at the local depot. Once the sender gets in contact we will update them.
sorry, who do you mean the sender? virgin?

Yes.
but Virgin media staff says they had already confirmed with you. that's what I have been explained everyday. and they told me to wait next day delivery as you said at the begginig.

could you confirm with virgin media right now?

I'm afraid I am unable to contact virgin directly.

then how to confirm with virgin regarding my parcel? I am very confused. could you explain how can I get sorted to be delivered.

They will contact their account manager.
but I have been told they spoke to your member, they even told me my case is treated as 'top priority' .

This will be discussed between them and the account manager.
they never said about account manager. so I guess what virgin media staff said was a lie, they may not even get contacted with Yodel?
Sorry the way I input, but I need to confirm this, as I am very upset and tired to do this everyday.

you mean if the virgin staff really talk with Yodel staff, they'll be advised to talk to their account manager, because apart from account manager, this can't be sort it out?

I understand your frustrations completely, thats correct.
so virgin media service needs to report to their account manager, then virgin's account manager need to get contact to Yodel, which section or who at Yodel? to complete delivery?

Their account manager with Yodel
Is there anything else I can assist you with for the moment?

thanks Kelly, I copy this conversation and send it to their board, hopefully they would do the right thing this time.

I hope Virgin media will notice this. my contract renewed  from 4th Oct and I already received invoice for that. but without actual handset. How ridiculous is that?   my account still shows 'delivery completed' despite I informed you last 7 days' it is not'.  I don't know who to listen now Yodel or Virgin media but if virgin's account manager has to act to pursuit delivery, please do so. 
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel Deliveries problem

If Yodel, a most useless company from me experience have lost the phone, before Virgin replace it the will expect Yodel to conduct an enquiry before replacing it. Is phone virgin try to escalate this, get a log number.

Or cancel the contract totally as its still not arrived
michi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

John,  thank you so much for the advice. I actually found a lots of complain regarding Yodel...and sigh to find out about, big company but not trustable. makes me sad. Smiley Sad  cancellation also considering, I am loosing faith to virgin's customer service. but hoping that I might get one in here. ..

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes yodel, for me are the worst company. they pay their drivers poorly, they have to make ridiculous numbers of deliveries a day. but virgin and other companies use them because they are cheap.
0 Kudos
michi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yodel really gave me a headache....why Virgin using such a bad company...😣

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Cost cost cost cost.

Yodel have been worse than Virgins previous delivery company from day one but as they are considerably cheaper they are not prepared to change. Whilst we see a couple of issues with them every week or two, it's still less than one percent of issues.
If you love, in the middle of nowhere you are more likely to have issues than in built up areas. The drivers have so many deliveries to make that if there is only one ( you) in that area, there is a greater chance it won't happen for a day or two so the driver only has the go there once a week or so. It's not an official process but busy drivers can do the or more deliveries rather than one in the middle of nowhere
michi
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to make phone call anymore. but since my account info shows 'the delivery completed'  nothing's gonna happening if I leave it.

After 8 days, just thinking about to 'call Virgin media'  made me bad nervous...I want to complain this issue actually harming my mental health.😣

I was explained  there isn't any 'account manager' for delivery system, what Yodel lady said was nonsense. by the  way my case 'filed' yesterday finally, which means within 24 to 48 hours I will be informed if Yodel responded or not, then next will be proceeded, the Virgin media lady said. 

but It has been more than 48 hours since your team tried to get contacted to Yodel, it's actually 8 days. why Virgin think Yodel suddenly reply to them?

Because it hasn't been 'filed' until yesterday, whether media team tried to get contact or sending message to Yodel, report ended as 'wait for Yodel's respond' and the end,  as Yodel never get back to Virgin. there wen't any 'follow up' happened. But it will be this time, because it's been filed.

really?  I am not sure...

I'm afraid but there isn't anything else we can do for you, Virgin media lady said with a hint of annoyish tone.

not possible to correct my account info to 'delivery has not completed', no such an account manager things, I just have to wait another 48 hours. then discuss about compensation. But I wonder how long does everyone wait for such many days, Am I too quiet to be noticeable?  Doesn't Virgin care this type of small problem? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi michi,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for taking the time to post about the problem you have had with your order delivery. I'm sorry to hear that your order has not been delivered.

Checking into this for you, I can see that when you contacted us about this, that we raised an investigation with the delivery company. We have tried to contact you to let you know of the progress of this investigation.

Currently, I can see that the investigation is still in progress. If you would like speak to us about the details of the investigation, please call in on 789 or 0345 6000 789 so that we can access the full details of your account and the open investigation with Yodel.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
michi
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Dear Terri

Thank you so much to reply me, you are the first person who's return upon my report. 

Last time when I called Virgin last Saturday, I was told to wait for the follow up message or phone call will be done after 24 to 48 hours, but I didn't recieved any call either message.

I just wish the delivery to be complete.

I don't understand why I have to make calls to Virgin everyday, spend time to explain the same things, hold the line to wait to hear the same thing. and do the same things again and again.

I have no idea why my handset stay at Yodel depot for 2 weeks, and Virgin can not do anything about, all I'm hearing is to call this number to find out about. I'm really pleased that finally someone get contacted me but above those reasons and situations, I feel virgin media team should call me or somehow let me know when I can get my new handset. and discuss about the bill you gave me for renewal contract, it's not right that your contract renewed but without actual handset. and my website info remain as the delivery completed despite I have been asking to fix it so many times.

I hope that I will hear this problem to be sorted as soon as possible.

best regards

0 Kudos
michi
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oct 19th, it's been 15 days since my handset stuck or lost at somewhere Depot of Yodel.

I didn't want to make call but I did, because I haven't received any follow up still now.

so it's still investing,basically no reply from Yodel,  and that I have to wait another 24 to 48 hours, this time Virgin media team will give me a call.

How many times have I hear this? How long do you let Yodel holding handset without delivering to me? 

why do I have to wait such long time?  

I have been with Virgin for many years and never had a problems but this is too bad. 

seriously thinking to leave Virgin now.

0 Kudos