Menu
Luizhadcroft
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrongly charged for using phone abroad

I have just had my phone service cut off for exceeding my credit limit while abroad. I have an EU travel pass which still has around 100mb available but I have been charged around £170 for using the Internet abroad! I have made a payment in order to continue using my phone but it is money I can't afford to pay out. I have not left the EU. Please can someone from Virgin contact me regarding this urgently
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrongly charged for using phone abroad

This is mainly a self help forum, sadly so you would be better calling 789 from the phone, if the bill has been produced then have a look first, they do on occasions make this type of error, it bill will show the date you bought the data pass and what it was, if then the data charges were not applied against the data package, they will resolve it for you, don't expect it to be very simple that way you won't be to suprised
0 Kudos
Luizhadcroft
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I will call them when I get home. It is impossible to contact them through the website, I just get redirected to the forum every time. I'm going round in circles!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luizhadcroft,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your billing while abroad.

I'm not able to bring up the full details of your billing, so you will need to give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us and you can contact us when you're travelling abroad by calling +447953967967(call charges apply). Please give us a call so that we can access your account details and look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos