Menu
Hazel-Jim
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong phone being upgraded?

Hi..Ive just rang Virgin Media and upgraded my phone...being told I would get confirmation emails etc.  I have not got them but my daughter has now received them on her phone.  I quoted my own number to the lady I was dealing with and she even repeated it back to me.

I rang Virgin Media back and they are now trying to say I need to upgrade my number as my daughters upgrade is going ahead....this is NOT what I agreed to and want it sorted please.

Both numbers and registered to me but my number is the primary one, they know my 14 year old daughter has the other number.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong phone being upgraded?

Hi Hazel-Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum and letting us know about the problem with your recent upgrade. I'm sorry to hear that the upgrade was processed on the wrong mobile. Has this been sorted out for you?

If you would like for me to look into this, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Hazel-Jim
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No it hasn't. The only way I have avoided my daughters number being upgraded is NOT opening the email to electronically sign the agreement. I have now had a cancellation email. I would still like to upgrade my phone but I'm reluctant to try again in case I get the same issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hazel-Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this has happened. I'm not able to upgrade your tariff via the Forum Team, but have you tried upgrading via your online account: Your Account? Just click on Plan and device and then under Your current plan, Change my tariff. Check here to see if you can process an upgrade.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos