Menu
Bobhonnor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wjy did Virgin Media give out my complete bank details to someone???

So Virgin Mobile have sent my Son a letter with all of the details of my Bank Account including the reference number of one of my Direct Debits.

Having raised a complaint a week ago and chasing it up with the Help desk today it seems as if the complaint has not been progressed at all.

Perhaps Virgin Mobile do not care about keeping within the rules of the Data Protection Act.

Looking up on the Data Protection website it seems as if you have to try to discuss your issue with the Company involved before you raise a formal complaint to the Data Commissioner. Perhaps a formal complaint onto the VM system and no response after a week counts as TRYING to discuss my issue.

I will call again tomorrow and if I cannot get any joy then I will contact the Data Commissioner who can take it from there.

It would also be nice if Virgin Media & Mobile allowed you to e-mail in complaints directly. I would then have a formal communication which could be used to demonstrate my good intentions.

Sadly another example of poor customer service from VM....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wjy did Virgin Media give out my complete bank details to someone???

Hi Bobhonnor,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch about the problems you have had with your account details being sent to your son and the lack of response you have received from your complaint and apologise for the frustration and inconvenience this causes. 

In order for me to look into this, I will need to take further information from you. I will send you a private message for this. Please click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page to access your private messages.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted about this yet. I spoke with the Mobile Duty Manager this morning, checking on this and he advised that you would be contacted about the problem with your mobile payment details being sent to your son.

Our direct contact address is: 

Virgin Mobile,

The Team,

PO Box 333 Matrix Court,

Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bobhonnor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terri

Thanks for the address, the formal complaint letter has been drafted and it will be in the post this evening.

Bob

0 Kudos