Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5 (171 Views)

Why make upgrading phones so difficult?

I have three Virgin Mobile telephone numbers - one for me, one for my daughter and one for my son. My son's phone was due for upgrade so I rang up and arranged a new phone and contract for my son's number, repeating it several times. What do I get- a new phone and contract for my number. The first suggestion when I rang up was switch the sim cards between my son's phone and mine which made no sense as I would on my son's contract and sounded potentially fraudulent.  What they couldn't do apparently was send  a new SIM card relating to my son's number and correct the details on their system to what they should have been originally. So I have to post a new phone back to them and then they will send another new phone and SIM card hopefully linked to my son's number this time.  I have wasted about an hour and a half on the phone, going through security three times in total. This is utterly insane and I am considering taking mine and my daughter's phone contracts from Virgin Mobile because this has been so badly handled. Can anyone from Virgin explain  why I should continue to be a loyal Virgin Mobile and Media customer?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5 (171 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Uther
Saturday

Re: Why make upgrading phones so difficult?

I've now asked the same question on Facebook given the total lack of  response. Loyal customers are taken for granted it seems.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5 (172 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Uther
Saturday

I've now asked the same question on Facebook given the total lack of  response. Loyal customers are taken for granted it seems.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5 (136 Views)

Why is there no email address for Virgin Mobile?

What's described below is the result of  employing staff in noisy call centres with poor quality headsets their end, leading to mistakes, which is what happened here . My account remains in a mess and I don't want to risk further damage by making more calls-  the online chat is always busy (which in itself tells a story), so why doesn't Virgin Mobile allow email contact?

I have three Virgin Mobile telephone numbers - one for me, one for my daughter and one for my son. My son's phone was due for upgrade so I rang up and arranged a new phone and contract for my son's number, repeating it several times. What do I get- a new phone and contract for my number. The first suggestion when I rang up was switch the sim cards between my son's phone and mine which made no sense as I would on my son's contract and sounded potentially fraudulent.  What they couldn't do apparently was send  a new SIM card relating to my son's number and correct the details on their system to what they should have been originally. So I have to post a new phone back to them and then they will send another new phone and SIM card hopefully linked to my son's number this time.  I have wasted about an hour and a half on the phone, going through security three times in total. This is utterly insane and I am considering taking mine and my daughter's phone contracts from Virgin Mobile because this has been so badly handled. Can anyone from Virgin explain  why I should continue to be a loyal Virgin Mobile and Media customer?

Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (118 Views)

Hi Uther,

Thank you for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry for the time it's taken to respond to your post. 

I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation in which you are understandably unhappy with the situation. We deeply value your relationship with us, and it’s important you know that we’re committed to providing you with the highest levels of service. I understand that our mistake with the upgrade being put through for the wrong mobile has caused this issue.

In order to get this sorted out for you, we will need for the phone to be returned so this can be corrected on your mobile and reapply the upgrade for your son's mobile. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

We do not offer a contact email address as we provide online contact via the Community Forum, Facebook, Twitter and WebChat.

Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5 (97 Views)

Hi Terri,

I have returned it and now am trying to use the Online Chat facility to go through the process again in the hope of  avoiding another mistake which I feel is highly likely if  I call, given the poor quality of  the phonelines in the call centres plus the noise they are audibly battling through. Sadly each time I try I get the message that all your staff are busy, which is probably because to judge from the comments on Facebook, no one else wants to call Virgin Mobile now.  Really e-mails are a more efficient way of  doing things and I am amazed that a company that sells internet access does not use it except in the most inefficient way. Is there an actual reason for not using email other than saving money?  I really would be interested to know the answer.

Thanks

Patrick