Menu
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why is changing a direct debit so hard?

I needed to change the Direct Debit for the airtime and handset agreements.

No problem changing the DD for the airtime contract, did that in a couple of minutes.  But I don't have the agreement number any more so I can't do it online.

So I ring 789, speak to someone who didn't seem to understand what I wanted to do and wanted to sell me a new package!   Eventually, after 20 odd minutes and my blood pressure increasing, he changed the direct debit.

Because my faith in Virgin Mobile is non-existent I asked the person to confirm the date and amount of the next payment.  He gave me the airtime one - he'd gone and changed the airtime, despite the fact it didn't need changing.  I'd given him details and he'd done nothing because nothing needed to be done!

I've tried to make a complaint via the chat only to be told that the make a complaint option is only for media services.

Why is it so difficult to deal with Virgin Mobile?

0 Kudos
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is changing a direct debit so hard?

It's now midday and I've wasted 3 hours trying to solve this problem.

I've now solved the problem.  I am told by Ryan who is based at Virgin Mobile in Manila that I am unable to change a direct debit for the handset contract.  Once it is taken out, no changes can be made.

I asked him to confirm this and he did.  

I cannot believe that Virgin Mobile would refuse to change someone's bank details.  My bank account is closed, no payments are coming out of it any more, so what do I do?  I can't do anything.  I can pay for my airtime from my new bank without a problem.

So this afternoon when I've bought a new phone from another provider, I'm going to post the phone back to Virgin.

Unbelievable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is changing a direct debit so hard?

That's completely inaccurate and I do not know why you were told that.

Although it's not possible currently to change the Direct Debit for the handset agreement online, it is possible to do.

I do not know why the agent you spoke doesn't know the process as there is plenty of information for them on how they need to make the change.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos