Menu
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Why do I get charged Premium Text

Why do I get charged Premium Text (15p) for texting a UK mobile number (O2) under unlimited text plan, but I can phone the same number for no aditional charge unlimited calls? Other UK mobile numbers do not seem to be affected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I get charged Premium Text

Hi sloughboy,

Sorry to hear about your issues with getting charged a premium text rate.

Is this number a standard residential mobile number?

Are you sending a standard text message or are you sending any pictures with it?

Its a little strange that it is only this one number.

Any more information about this mobile number would be great

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

This is a standard mobile number of my son's friend and when phoned the cost comes out of my call plan. It was stored in the phone with +44 at the beginning but this shouldn't make any difference. I haven't had a chance to check the bill to see if this has made a difference yet.

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sorry forgot to add that I think it was a standard text, at least it wasn't a picture message but it may have had emoticons on it.

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just checked on my bill and changing the stored number without the +44 has indeed got rid of the charge. Now it's an included text message instead of a premium text. This shouldn't be happening though, numbers can be stored as international numbers without being charged extra so I would suggest this needs looking at.

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Looked again at the bill and a text was charged as Premium Text 15p to a normal residential mobile number with no emoticons or pictures, even though that number had been saved without +44, the number showed on the bill as 44....etc.

I was mistaken earlier as the free "text" was actually a call.

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just on another issue. Why does it show up on the bill every time the phone uses the internet even for as little as 1kb? This makes the bill at the moment over 17 pages long! No wonder its not available as a paper bill. Also why is the phone still using mobile data while the phone is connected to WIFI at home?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

sloughboy wrote:

Just on another issue. Why does it show up on the bill every time the phone uses the internet even for as little as 1kb? This makes the bill at the moment over 17 pages long! No wonder its not available as a paper bill. Also why is the phone still using mobile data while the phone is connected to WIFI at home?

Why aren't you posting your questions on separate threads? Lumping them under the "charged premium text" heading means they might not be seen by people who can help.

Your phone is usually only connected to wifi while the screen is on (supposedly saves battery). If it needs data while in standby, it uses mobile data.

0 Kudos
sloughboy
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

They are here because someone from the forum replied originally and asked for more details. Why dont you read the threads before jumping to conclusions

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

They asked for more details, not more questions.

Anyway - good luck getting your stuff sorted out.

0 Kudos