Menu
Simon_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why cant virgin Mobile correct an error on My account which they caused ?

My question begins with a short story of how and why I am having some major problems.

I have 3 phone numbers on my account. I wanted to upgrade 1 phone number, so I rang and agreed to pay up the remaining credit owing on the handset, there and then on my visa card. then I found the phone that was advertised as in stock on line, wasn't actually available...OK...No problem I came to a reluctant compromise. The next day my phone texts me to say its delivered? I thought that's hard because I'm not home, so I rang the driver (Yodel) he states yes your surname has signed for it? 30 minutes later when my wife returns home...she finds a disgruntled yodel delivery driver on our doorstep explaining he'd posted through a neighbours door. (apparently he has the same surname??!).

That evening I insert my new sim (...should be the same phone number as the upgraded phone just paid off), but it doesn't work...I insert my old sim to get it going, that works fine. So I ring virgin mobile to find they have sent me the wrong phone number sim? The Sim serial number doesn't correspond to the phone number upgrade i'd requested...but he does try hard to convince me to ignore that fact & activate it anyway, and just continue to use it?!!

So the next day (following a prompt new delivery again..luckily not signed for at the wrong address). the Sim arrives, and works in the new phone. However In the meantime, the other phone number (which was connected to the new sim supplied in error) receives a very positive text saying congratulations on the new account, and your airtime plus NEW bill starts from tomorrow???!!

Reality sinks in, so on yet another 1 hour plus phone call I ring through again. This time they admit they have a larger error on their part, and the only way to fix this is to actually (and unbelievably in this digital age we live in) is to send the brand new phone back (which is working fine, with my original sim with correct phone number?), in a pre-paid jiffy bag they will post to me.  Whilst at the same time they'd send an exact same phone with new sim against the original number that i'd upgraded out to me (again signed for - apparently Virgin cannot change a delivery address either so that's probably going to be another Yodel nightmare).

there are several issues in whats happened in the space of the last 4 days I just find it hard to believe that some one couldn't have just swapped the account connections around to reset it?, linking the new contract back to the upgraded number, and then just send a sim against the new airtime deal ??? rather than a whole new phone ??

I also wonder how often and who else?

Why surely the boxes are ticked as you talk through the contract change???? i'd paid off the old phone number  / credit agreement so there is surely a blaring obvious link that should be obvious to operator making the changes? (plus me stating twice to keep the same number)..

Plus why couldn't they offer me an improvement for the disruption I have experienced? yesterday the guy kept stating we will upgrade your phone against the number (the actual phone id already got in my hand???), i'd asked twice different ways yet nothing was ever offered.

he stated a loyalty reduction for the affected; the other different phone number affected was on a rolling sim only, as it was supplied in error will go down in cost by £0.08p per month rolling sim only deal? (original cost was £5.08) saving.....

yes £0.08p per month

Ludicrous. I expect I will be leaving them in the months ahead. and to be honest if it wasn't for my wife and child using the two other phone numbers against my account I would have left yesterday.

I recently cancelled my virgin media (TV, landline and broadband etc)...so watch this space.

for up-to £600 per year (for a very low rate airtime contracts) I feel major let down.

sorry to anyone who reads the rant, but I feel it needs to be aired.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why cant virgin Mobile correct an error on My account which they caused ?

Hi Simon.

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your recent upgrade.

It's a few days since you've posted, did you manage to get things sorted out, or are there outstanding account issues we can assist with?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Simon_uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Im just waiting the last few days now, before I finally get the airtime contract i'd asked to be upgraded about a month ago?!

the other affected phone number has been corrected, back to sim only at £5 monthly.

Much to my annoyance a day after all this transpired I get an offer through my door to take out a new contract on the Samsung J5 (2016) handset and receive a free 7" tablet?, so I phoned up to complain and ask why during all this explaining and stressful time consuming issues haven't I been offered it? Only to be told I'd have to cancel again, and renew for the third time?! bearing in mind I had to cancel and restart around the same date the offer came out?yet they stated because the offer came out 2 days after I'd initially changed, they couldn't do that? although to-date I am still not on the contract I'd initiated on 26th FEB. 

As a gesture good will I'd have thought that your team would have been able to supply the tablet regardless? they cant do that unless I take a new order???I just couldn't be bothered to explain and complain any longer. I have spend hours & hours on the telephone, all because of a simple error at your end. (cant believe my new airtime contract doesn't activate until 19th March??!!).

First and cheapest chance I get in the future that I have, then I will be leaving I think...really poor service.

wont be recommending Virgin media / mobile like i used to.

I just feel sorry for the other people on the threads I read, who seem to be in exactly the same boat as me. Same mistakes??

I await your response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon_uk

It's really good to hear you've made some progress with this.

The tablet offers are only available on brand new line sales and not upgrades, so you would need to take out a new line with a new number in order to be eligible for this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos