Menu
jwray29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I email a multi-national media company?

Why can I only contact Virgin via phone (takes ages to get through and difficult to communicate with phone desk people when you do), online chat (only open certain hours) or letter? Why no email address. I suggest because Virgin don't really want to hear complaints.

It's ridiculous that Virgin can email me, but I can't email them.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I email a multi-national media company?

Hi jwray29, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry about the delays you had when trying to contact the team via telephone. 

To ensure we are taking ownership of complaints we do recommend speaking to a member of the team as we try our best to resolve complaints at the first time of asking. If you would like to make a complaint take a read of our Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice

May I ask what it is you needed help with? We may be able to help you from here rather than having to call or write in if it's more convenient for you.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
jwray29
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I wanted to complain about being charged again for sending photo messages that I haven't sent. When this happened before I was on the phone for over an hour and was cut off during the process. Despite being told I wouldn't be charged again... I have been.

I want to email because then I don't have to wait on the phone for ages waiting for someone to answer and then try to communicate with someone who doesn't fully understand English and is hard to understand. I thought it would be easier (for me) to email....I should have thought again...why would I expect a large company like Virgin to accept emails? It's only a modern method of communication used by millions! That would be far too simple. Virgin can email me, but I can't email Virgin.... why? I can only deduce the Virgin don't want to hear from me formally and they'd much rather I gave up in frustration.

pr1v8cy1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jwray

Im having the same problems as you.  Spent about 4 hours on the phone this week, was twice misinformed and then I rang to cancel and they hung up on me, and then I rang to complain (telling them I wanted to cancel as well) and they also hung up on me.

Like you have stated their English skills are not good enough to communicate properly.

In desperation I tried sending an email to an address I found on Google and it was returned saying they no longer accept emails and to phone.

I have 14 days to cancel but as I cant actually speak to someone who does actually cancel it for me (rather than hanging up) and you have no record of the conversations that you've had, then its rather difficult!

I have messaged someone on here, so I am just hoping that they will pick it up and cancel it, because I am not prepared to ring again.

Good luck!

Sarah

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jwray29,

Thanks for getting back to us. It's true that we do not have a contact email address, but we do provide quite a few other options to get in touch with us other than calling in, such as this Community Forum, Facebook, Twitter, WebChat, and via post. If you click on Contact Us at the very bottom of this page, you will be given access to all of these options.

If there's something that we can help with, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jwray29
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well it's ridiculous.... I want to send you an email!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry jwray29, you will need to get in touch via one of the methods I've advised in my previous post.

All the best,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jwray29
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

but why? Why can't I email?  It's what your customers want.... and you have to question why a company the size of Virgin won't let customers email. You can email us. why can't we email you?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jwray29,

Thanks for your post. I understand your frustration, however, as we provide customer contact points across telephone, online chat, Forum, Facebook, Twitter and post there is more than sufficient methods for all customers to contact us. 

We did use to provide customer contact via email and found that this method was rarely used, so our focus has been applied to the above methods. I understand this is not the response that you want and apologise for the inconvenience this causes. There are currently no plans to provide email contact, however, I will pass your feedback on to management, as all customer opinions are welcomed. 

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
jwray29
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh come on, you're a multi national, supposedly cutting edge, communications company....please pull the other one! 

The simplest way for anyone to communicate in writing these days is email...everyone has it (haven't you heard) and presumably this is why Virgin use it to communicate with its customers. The problem for us customers is, it's a one way process...Virgin can simply inform us of all manner of things (special offers, hidden price increases, changes to terms and conditions) but for us the customer, it is (for some reason) far more complicated. The only reason I can think of is that Virgin don't want a simple method by which its customers can communicate with it. Instead we have to either go through the "lose the will to live" telephone process or some other more complicated method.

If Virgin valued its customers and were serious about hearing what we thought, it would be making the process as easy as possible. 

0 Kudos