Menu
BBA
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What a friggin hassle!

Approximately 6 months ago I asked to have my sim only package upgraded from the £5 per month to the £8 per month tariff as I had started to use more data and wanted to make sure that I would have enough data when I was out and about. I was told that everything had went through okay but perhaps a couple of months later I realised that nothing had changed so I called. I was told that due to a systems upgrade in VM's system that there had been a glitch. So it was apparently fixed.
Nope.
I've made around 6 calls to VM about this and it's like talking to a bucket of frogs so I decided to call it quits and ask for my PAC code. This was sent to me a week ago.
Now since then I've seen a package that they (VM) do (sim only on a 30 day rolling contract - which is what I'm on at the moment) for £15 per month. In trying to get this deal I had to reinstate my DD that VM had suspended, pay off my existing balance of £7.14 and go through all of the mumbo jumbo of being passed from dept to dept and giving my security details all over again. Then they told me that they would have to perform a credit check! I had told them that I wasn't happy about having a credit footprint on my account seeing as it was only on a 30 rolling contract for just a couple of pounds extra and that I had been told originally that increasing my payment plan had been increased all without this credit check. The girl at the call centre told me that she could do it without performing a credit check and so we proceeded. At the end of the call she told me that unfortunately she would have to do a credit check but I wasn't to worry about it as if it came back as a decline she could still continue anyway!
Seriously VM, get your act together. I've had this rolling contract with you for about 3 years and if I wanted to I could spend far more than £15 on my mobile account and you would still happily take my money. So now I'm back to square one and my original problem still stands. Even after all of these months you can't seem to sort out a very simple situation. I'd like to stay with VM but the lack of customer service and continuity in the information that has been passed on to me really does beggar belief.
Rant over!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: What a friggin hassle!

Hi BBA,

I'm sorry but reading your post I don't understand.

You say you're back to square one, weren't you given the £15 tariff in the end then?

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
BBA
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's right. I'm back at the very start! I'm still on the £5 per month deal with no offer of rectifying it.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Go elsewhere EE have some fantastic sim only deals at a greatprice and it's4G
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi BBA

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you had changing your package and that you were unhappy about go through the credit check to upgrade to a new deal.

A credit check is necessary to upgrade your package as part of our commitment to lend responsibly.

This wouldn't impact your credit file any more than a credit check a competitor would need to complete to set you up with a new package through them too.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
BBA
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What I don't understand Peter is that when I had originally asked for my plan to be increased from £5 up to £8, this was completed (or so I thought) without any need for a credit check. I could understand if I was asking for a new S7 edge on a 12 month contract but on an existing 30 day rolling sim only contract with a good couple of years payment history behind me? Really?
What's even more disappointing Peter is that VM have apparently let slide the fact that despite a customer calling to say that there is an error in their plan on far more than one occasion over a period of nearly half a year it still hasn't been resolved! I find that for a telecommunications company there is a severe lack of the very thing that you are supposed to be experts in!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi BBA

Thanks for your response.

I appreciate you've experienced frustration with this, so allow me to apologise once again for any inconvenience caused by the issues you've had.

Changes within your current plan won't require a new credit check and you can see these options by logging into your online account here http://virg.in/youracc - is this how you tried to change the package originally?

If you want to move on to one of our new plans however, a new credit check may be necessary, but our upgrades team can advise further on this on 789 / 0345 600 0789. I understand you feel this shouldn't be needed as a current customer, but rest assured we only complete new credit checks where they are necessary as part of our responsible lending requirements.

Please keep me posted on this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
BBA
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

I had tried to change my plan over the phone originally and as far as I was led to believe it had all went through okay. That was that as far as I was concerned. I'm looking at my past bills and it's frustrating to see that I'm being charged for data that I thought would be included in my current tariff. My bill this month appears to be more than the £15 per month tariff that I was interested in and yet VM will happily take the money from my bank without any hesitation. It's now making me question just how much money I've paid to VM to pay for data that I wouldn't have paid if my plan had been completed as stated. Perhaps I should request copies of the transcripts from the phone calls I've made over all of these months to highlight and present to VM to see if that may get me further than the customer service representatives have managed to achieve?
Of course this is the sort of thing that I'd really hope to avoid, after all I shouldn't be made to do all of the detective work to prove what I've mentioned in these posts to be the truth. Ownership of a customer's legitimate complaint is a bit of a lottery it would appear and so here I am, still paying extra for data and still calling VM to try and get to the bottom of why this simple request never seems to get rectified when I'm left with the impression that it has.

Al
0 Kudos
BBA
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update Mark. 

After logging on to my account to see if I could increase my plan there (I never knew that you could do that) it seems as though everything has went through without a hitch. So what I want to try and suss out is if I could do it easily enough on line then why couldn't VM call centre handlers? I don't want to tarnish them all with the same brush but why on earth did it take so long and in the end the customer had to complete it himself? I'm still thinking of going elsewhere if a few other minor details aren't fixed soon. Let's just see shall we. 

Thank you for your advice Mark. 

Al

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Al,

Thanks for posting back with an update about being able to access upgrades via your online account. I'm sorry that you experienced such difficulties when calling in for the upgrade.

You mention still having other details not fixed, is this something that I can help with?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos