Menu
Abayomi1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Warrant and phone disrepair

I am so worried about the way virgin mobile team is handling complaints of disrepair of my phone Sony M2 black while I am still on warranty. I sent my phone off to the repair team in September 19th 2016 , and I was told the phone charging port is faulty. The phone is still in warranty and the mobile team were asking me to pay £78.00 for the repair. I declined it because I am not out of warranty. My phone has warranty of two years, with the conditions laid down for the insurance on the phone, I was told over the phone during the initial  contract and transactions that if my phone is damaged within the two years warranty period, they will repair or send me a new phone of the same brand. But since September 19, they have been pushing me around and trying to avoid repair. I cannot make use of the services I paid for because I cannot use the sim as I do not have any other phone. I spoke to many of the repair team, Micheal, barry and Anika Cella they were aware that I have a warranty on the phone. They are trying to give me a misleading information in order to pervert the cause of justice and to avoid repair. The phone was sent back to me without repair and when Anika checked the picture they sent to me that does not meet the replica of my phone, she made an arrangement on the 1st October 2016 for me to resend the phone back to the repair team, I received the Envelopes and I sent it back two days later. And since then, I have been calling and chatting to know the development of the repair. I chat with Kevin today, but all his excuses is about making extra money from me asking me to pay for repair when I still have a warranty on the phone. I will like to receive my phone fully repaired or to received a new phone of the same brand as speculated on the warranty. I am not an illiterate. So something have to be done.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warrant and phone disrepair

Ok the warranty does not cover accidental damage, no more than the warranty on a new car does. It only cover phone faults that are as a result of manufacturing faults
The charge port has issues when to much pressure is used and when trying to fit it upside down. Sadly these are always chargeable. You can speak to Sony and see what they say
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warrant and phone disrepair

Hi Abayomi1,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage to the handset. 

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly, as J0hn advised.

You can find Sony's contact details here: http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Please keep us posted how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos