Menu
JR100
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail icon always on screen

I've just purchased a Virgin Alcatel 2051X mobile phone and I always get the voicemail icon displayed even though there are no messages there.

I have googled this problem and it does seem quite common in all types of phones regardless of what company you are with.  Suggestions I have seen to fix this say to message yourself using another phone then delete that message which will then get rid of the icon. This works, until I turn the phone off and then back on again, when the voicemail icon reappears.

I have seen a suggestion that it could be caused by electrical interference. But I have two other mobile phones (not with Virgin) and have no problem with these.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail icon always on screen

Get someone to call you and don't answer they leave a message for you then you listen to ALL of the message, at the end choose delete, it should resolve the issue

If not call 789 ask them to stop you voicemail, after it stops call back and get it switched on again

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail icon always on screen

Get someone to call you and don't answer they leave a message for you then you listen to ALL of the message, at the end choose delete, it should resolve the issue

If not call 789 ask them to stop you voicemail, after it stops call back and get it switched on again