Menu
Alexdb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin trying to port my number unsolicited

I emphatically rejected a sales call yesterday evening, and then I received two emails; Important information about your new Pay Monthly Contract, and Number Port.

I can't contact Virgin because web chat doesn't work, and I'm not waiting on hold to tidy up their mess.

It appears they have a sale team who are too keen to hit targets.

Any advice from the community? My mobile company, Three, are contactable - I have asked them to ensure they block any port requests.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin trying to port my number unsolicitied

Hi Alexdb,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have been notified of an account set up for you after rejecting a Virgin Mobile sales offer. 

Please give us a call on 0800 052 0238 and we can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Alexdb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They called back, and I think it is resolved.

She continued with a very aggressive sales call though, and I'm getting lots of paper junk mail from Virgin too. How do I opt out of call and mail marketing communications? I can't find it in profile / account settings. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexdb,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that the number port has been sorted out for you.

I can look into the marketing opt out option for you, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos