Menu
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin's Complaints procedure

Please can someone tell me how Virgin's complaints procedure is supposed to work?

Having asked for my complaints to be logged and dealt with on 21st December, I heard nothing.

On December 30th, I asked for an update, only to be told that there was no record of any complaints made on that date. I added this failure to my list of complaints and insisted that Virgin confirmed by email that my complaints were logged. I have heard nothing since.

Yesterday I found the Virgin Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice, where it says the following:

"We will try our best to resolve your complaint during your initial phone call. However, where this is not possible, we will agree a course of action with you and provide you, where possible, with clear timeframes and next steps for the resolution of your complaint".

That has been completely ignored by everyone at Virgin that I have discussed complaints with: Nobody has attempted to 'agree a course of action'. Nobody has provided any 'timeframes' or 'next steps' whatsoever.

As even the Virgin customer service manager that I spoke to ignored Virgins's own code of practice, I assume that my complaints are still not logged and will continue to be ignored.

I have brought this to the attention of Dave_B: a Virgin employee on this forum. He initially gave me some hope that someone at Virgin might deal with this but despite me asking for at least some confirmation that something will be done, I have had no reply to my last two messages.

Other than continuing to wait with fingers crossed, what is a customer supposed to do?

As the on-line chat service is either always too busy or closed and Virgin have closed all previous email access to customer service, the obvious answer would seem to be for me to phone yet again. However, having spent over 3 hours last time, being passed to the wrong department, cut off, not listened to, told that I was wrong to believe what I had been told previously, made to feel like I was a nuisance rather than a customer, and being told by a 'manager' called 'Ven' that all my complaints would be dealt with (without being able to tell me what they were!), I really can not face another phone call.

Virgin have all my details. They have recordings of my conversations. Why can't they just at least tell me that they have a record of my complaints and that they will be looking into them. Perhaps they could even attempt to follow their own code of practice!:

"We will try our best to resolve your complaint during your initial phone call. However, where this is not possible, we will agree a course of action with you and provide you, where possible, with clear timeframes and next steps for the resolution of your complaint".

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin's Complaints procedure

they should have contacted you after 48 hours if you wrote to them, then 28 days after that with results of the investigation. it's interesting that their complaints code of practice doesn't give actual time frames if you phone.

if the complaint isn't logged i would write in, registered letter. i worked on a complaints team for a few years and written is always better than phone as there is a paper trail and proof of posting and receipt when doing registered. letters that bullet point the facts were dealt with more quickly than a long letter.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin's Complaints procedure

Hi chevrons2, 

I have sent you a private message regarding the complaint, just in case you haven’t been notified of that, please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page, and you will be able to pick this message up. 

I look forward to chatting with you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos