Menu
andrewl13
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile "system is busy"

Hi

I have just ported my old mobile number from EE over to Virgin. I received a text this morning confirming that the port was successful. Since then however, I've been unable to make calls or use the internet. When I try to make a call to any number I get a message saying that the system is busy, please try again later. I can receive calls though and am able to send and receive text messages. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew 

enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile "system is busy"

Sounds like a split port. Something that seems to plague Virgin from time to time.

Usually sorts itself out, but annoying in the least.

0 Kudos
andrewl13
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Sounds like a split port. Something that seems to plague Virgin from time to time.

Usually sorts itself out, but annoying in the least.

Thanks very much, I'll give it a day or so to see if it sorts itself out then

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi andrewl13

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues with your number port.

I just wanted to make sure this has been sorted for you now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bobogrady
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue since transferring my old number from iD Mobile to Virgin (I'm a new customer). Got the text message yesterday saying my old number had been successfully ported. However, I can't make calls (get the voice message "I'm sorry the system's busy, please try again later" when I try) and I can't access the internet (except through WiFi). Weirdly, I can send an receive text messages though, but it shows up with the sim card's original number (not the ported number). 

According to this thread, it should sort itself out eventually? Is that correct? Or do I need to order a new sim card? Or indeed is there any other fix I could try?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobogrady,

Welcome to community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear of the trouble you had with porting your number to us. This is supposed to be a seamless swap but issues do occur from time to time.

A change of SIM card won't help and neither will changing settings on the handset. This is clearly a porting issue and we'd need to wait for it to show as complete on our system. If you continue to have issues after this then it's needs to be reported to the number port team for further investigation.

I see you have also posted here in the meantime and confirmed it's now working. I'm really pleased to hear that and hope you get no further problems from here on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos