Menu
Agnes45
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin - are they becoming greedier?

I bought my husband a basic touch screen Nokia phone (he didn't want anything fancy) from Virgin on a special deal of 250 free minutes + 250 MB data every month. That wasn't supposed to cost more than about £8 per month. However, his bills have been around £50 every month due to his internet usage which doesn't even seem excessive. I wouldn't mind paying this for a good phone but that's not the case here.  I have just upgraded his account to 1GB to see if we end up paying less in the future as it is now clear that 250MB of data is basically nothing and that he might have been charged another £2/day above that allowance. Many years ago (2000) we chose Virgin because they were really good value but I think we need to look around for a better deal now after giving them so much of our hard earned money. As long term customers, someone could have flagged our account and noticed that our bills were much higher and give us advice. Also, the fact that we pay for the device with one provider and the tariff with another is not helping. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin - are they becoming greedier?

Hey Agnes45

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear about the difficulties with your extra data charges. We're always reviewing our packages to ensure we're offering you the best value for your minutes, texts and data. We do take all feedback on board however and I will ensure this gets sent to the right team.

If you have any further difficulties by all means let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos