Menu
JC2930
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile, disgusting customer service

Am I unlucky or is Virgin Mobile's customer service absolutely disgusting.

I sent a phone away for repair on the 18th September. It took several weeks to find out what was happening, before eventually being told I would receive a replacement.

3-5 days later, nothing, so after calling the so called customer service, was told it hadn't been booked for delivery yet. 

3-5 days later, nothing, so after calling the so called customer service , was told it might turn up tomorrow. My "complaint" was escalated and I was promised a call back from a manager within 24 hours.

No phone call.

Tonight, I once again called the so called customer service, to be cut off twice and still receive no information about my phone.

Every call has lasted at least half an hour, not mention having someone staying in to sign for a parcel that was never going to turn up.

I have never had any real issues with Virgin Media in the 20 something years i have used them, and this is the first time I have needed anything from Virgin Mobile, what a disgrace.

I am just unlucky, or is this the norm

0 Kudos
JC2930
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile, disgusting customer service

What an absolute joke. 3 times tonight I've been cut off after being placed on hold.
If I don't get a call by 9am, I will start billing virgin mobile a rate equivalent to minimum wage for every hour I have to wait for a replacement handset that I was promised weeks ago had been sent out. I will happily go to a small claims court for this.
I will also complain to the suitable authorities.
I am sick of being lied to.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC2930,

I’m so sorry to hear about the issues you have faced, I would love to get this sorted out for you.

Shortly I’m going to send you a private message to request some more info about this, please click on the envelope on the top right hand of the page to pick this up.

Speak to you soon,

Kelly

0 Kudos
djrw55
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a nightmare trying to get anything resolved quickly via Virgin Mobile support. I ordered a Kazam Tornado earlier this year but box was empty when it was delivered, took weeks to finally get a replacement delivered.

0 Kudos
liamsquire
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC2930 - you are not alone.  I had a horrible, horrible experience over the past week.  The Virgin Mobile Customer Service or lack thereof was a disgrace.

I became so frustrated at the frankly disastrous level of service from Virgin Mobile that I wanted any and all services cancelled - including that of the tv/home phone and broadband team.

It cannot be healthy for Virgin Media to operate with Virgin Mobile delivering such a bad, bad experience.  The Virgin Mobile team is having a detrimental effect on my perception of Virgin as a whole.  I would now struggle to recommend Virgin services whereas I always recommended Virgin services previously.

I wanted to change three different mobile phone tariffs during the double data offer in September.  Two were done and one was missed. 

The Virgin Mobile rep's were effectively saying that I was lying about the 3rd number, even though I had concrete facts supplied by them. On one instance a lady insisted the 3rd number was on the £10 monthly mobile tariff but when I queried what my last standard bill was, she told me that it was £13.50. Not a hint of sense was appearing to rear its head in that £13.50 does not equal £10. On another instance a man named John told me there was no record of me asking for the 3rd mobile phone number to be changed to the new tariff - this was just after his colleague told me there was documentation of the fact. He was fairly insistent until I asked him who was lying - his colleague or him.

At times I could only progress the conversation by offering to supply a recording of my call or asking Virgin Mobile to feel free to verify what was agreed by using Virgin Mobile's own call recordings.

I honestly feel it would be useless to contact Virgin Mobile to register a complaint as I have very little trust and I feel my time would be better spent informing Virgin Media of the damage a relationship with Virgin Mobile is causing.

I have wasted hours this week trying to get the service we (Virgin Mobile and I) agreed.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi liamsquire

Welcome to the community. I'm very sorry to hear about your recent difficulties. I've been unable to locate your account with your forum details. Please start a new thread and we can certainly look into this for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pr1v8cy1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both

I have also experienced disgusting customer service this week so you are not alone.

I also wanted to cancel, however, each time I try they hang up on me, so I have reported them to Offcom.

Good luck!!

Sarah

0 Kudos