Menu
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile - Why No Service Status Check?

Hi guys, Just wanted to vent a bit about why Virgin Media do NOT offer a Mobile Network service status check option anywhere on the website.

Viewing posts on here members are directed to check with EE about issues in their area, I have had issues with my signal at L25 5NG since at least 13 December 2016 and all EE have said it will be "16 hours" until the issue is fixed, it currently isn't btw. I have rang EE a few times to ask when it will be sorted out and have been VERY rudely spoken to everytime I have called as I am not one of their precious customers and only a "Virgin Mobile" user, the way I have been treated it is like we are second rate citizens to them on EE.

Would it really hurt Virgin Media to offer some sort of status check for us Mobile customers, they do for their TV, Home Phone and Broadband service. I am honestly evaluating my loyalty to Virgin Mobile due to this and am seriously considering moving back to Vodafone.

enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

e plot Re: Virgin Mobile - Why No Service Status Check?

The plot thickens. I know there is a lot of mast sharing between 3 and EE in the area and I got this from the checker on 3

We're aware there's been a network problem in your area for some time. We're really sorry if your services are affected – we're doing all we can to fix it.

Sorry, it looks like there's a physical object or structure blocking mobile signal in your area at the moment. In the meantime, stay connected over Wifi with our Three inTouch app in the UK.

Can't think of what the structure would be, but if it is then it could mean the complete re-sighting or realignment of a mast.

0 Kudos
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: e plot Re: Virgin Mobile - Why No Service Status Check?

I looked yesterday where the masts are in the United Utilities field and couldn't see any changes like, have tried all the methods I got from @Kelly_M via PM and still when I am downstairs at home I get "No Service", while upstairs its one bar 4G which soon drops to 2/3 bars of 3G as soon as I start using my iPhone 6S. Would be great if someone from Virgin could flag this up with EE/Three and tell them that customers are getting annoyed now.

Would love to be able to escalate this further but Customer Services via 789 and EE are the worst people I have spoken to, haven't received one bit of helpful advice on a solution. Then again my Vodafone SIM isn't exactly running like it normally does so maybe in the L25 5NG area there might be a massive restructure and relocation of masts?!

Also what is annoying the most is EE, Three, o2, Vodafone all have either a WiFi Calling option or an app to make calls over WiFi, however us on Virgin have to put up with no signal if the network is down, thus rendering our devices useless.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone network status is showing clear. 

Three has changed to:-

We're really sorry. There's a long-term outage in this area.

Sorry, it looks like there's a physical object or structure blocking mobile signal in your area at the moment.In the meantime, stay connected over Wifi with our Three inTouch app in the UK.

All the building work that could have an effect on signal is up in Woolton Village, so I'm at a loss. (I'm further down towards Hunts X and everything is showing clear and my signal on both 3 and Virgin is the same as it is normally.)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesRoberts330,

I am sorry to learn that you’re still experiencing issues; I hope you don’t mind but I called EE directly to get some more information as to why this is still problematic.

EE have advised that due to 3rd party access requests being delayed by the land owner, they have been unable to commence with the work that needs to be carried out. They have advised that the access request has now been granted as of today, and work will commence ASAP, the issue that is causing the signal issues is trees that are blocking the site, so EE have a Tree surgeon ready to carry out the work.

I have asked for updates, so I’ll keep you posted as soon as I find out anything, as you live very close to the site that is down, you will more than likely see when the work starts.

I hope this helps,

Kelly

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That will be the trees allowed to grow up on the old railway line, now under Sustrans

Probably had to get permission off them rather than United Utilities

0 Kudos
geriann
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i also wondered why i can check the status of my landline & broadband in my area, but not any mobile issues!
0 Kudos
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kelly_M wrote:

Hi JamesRoberts330,

I am sorry to learn that you’re still experiencing issues; I hope you don’t mind but I called EE directly to get some more information as to why this is still problematic.

EE have advised that due to 3rd party access requests being delayed by the land owner, they have been unable to commence with the work that needs to be carried out. They have advised that the access request has now been granted as of today, and work will commence ASAP, the issue that is causing the signal issues is trees that are blocking the site, so EE have a Tree surgeon ready to carry out the work.

I have asked for updates, so I’ll keep you posted as soon as I find out anything, as you live very close to the site that is down, you will more than likely see when the work starts.

I hope this helps,

Kelly

Hi @Kelly_M

Just wondered if you had any updates on the status of EE fixing this issue, according to their website there are still problems in my area (L25 5NG) and have the "16 hours" fix time that has been there since at least 13 December 2016.

Honestly I can not see how the trees in their current state can affect signal this much, the trees are pretty bald being winter like. Also I walk my dog daily on the disused railway track opposite the site and have not seen any work being carried out.

Having only been on Virgin for two months I honestly feel like this is the worst mistake I have ever made leaving Vodafone for VM. I might seriously consider a move to O2 or Three if this isn't resolved by the end of the month.

0 Kudos