Menu
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Pay as you go Big Tariff change pending forever

Ok, so I switched to Virgin Mobile because signal is really bad here on Vodafone,O2 and 3. And since I have Virgin Media cable services, thought it would make sense to choose Virgin Mobile over EE. Virgin Media claims that when you join, you add credit, choose a Big Tariff,port in your number and you get 100 minutes free for doing so. Ok, so the Big Talk tariff is still not active after days of selecting it and i'm now paying over the odds to use the Starter tariff which is very expensive. Not only that, I haven't received any Bonus allowances or anything. Finally, Voicemail does not work at all, I dialled 222 and said my Voicemail is up and running to use, I switch off my phone and back on, I hold down the 1 button and the same message is then played, it then tries to connect me to voicemail and then says 'you've dialled an incorrect number' I've called 789 to speak to someone and they keep telling me to wait 24 hours each day. Wait for what? The next thing I will be waiting for is a PAC code to transfer to EE, as i'm not impressed.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Pay as you go Big Tariff change pending forever

You will need to call 789 to resolve the bundle stuff, but you can sort out voicemail on your own, via the support pages on their website and your account from their

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly what I've been doing. Its been a good 8 years since I used Virgin Mobile, and the decline in customer service is shocking but not surprising, NTL through and through! That nice and helpful team in Trowbridge I was expecting seems to have been replaced with something very far and unhelpful, although the overseas teams are friendly, but isn't a good solution overall. The overseas call centres are extremely useless, I've been calling everyday now and they keep transferring me from person to person and one person I spoke to yesterday said all the issues i'm having is due to a porting error and told me to call back today Monday after 9am. Well today, they had no record of my mobile number and they kept transferring me to Sales to get a contract. With service like that this, why on earth would I risk being locked into a farce? The most basic requests! change my tariff and give me a refund. 10 minute call costing £4 that would have been free on the tariff I opted for. When the issue is sorted I am definitely getting a PAC code to go with EE, that's if my mobile number hasn't been lost.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can call on0345 6000 789 from a landline at local cost of free within a bundle, not much help I know. My feelings are that you must write into a formal complaint about this and when and if they reply (or after a few weeks if they don't) you raise it with Ofcom.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well they told me by Friday now. Also, It seems I can no longer top up now either, the credit and debit card option transfers me to someone and then voucher option also does the same.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi nick_london,

I'm sorry that you've had problems getting your new tariff activated. Has this been sorted for you now?

If you are still waiting for this to activate, please let me know. I'll need to confirm your details, but I can check this for you. I'll send you a pm requesting more information. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This is now being dealt with as a formal complaint within the CEO office as further technical issues have arisen and problems are ongoing and a customer service advisor is currently monitoring my account who has requested a technical support ticket.

Thanks

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nick, good luck please post back with updates 

0 Kudos
nick_london
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late response, in the end they sorted it and kept crediting my account with £10. Now I've got a Pay monthly sim only contract and all is well.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi nick_london,

Thank you for getting back to us and updating this thread. 

I'm glad to hear that your complaint has been resolved satisfactorily. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos