Menu
kuala
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Parental Control OFF but still blocking websites.

Hi All,

First time post so I don't know frlorum etiquette yet so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I registered online and from the get go had problems, the authentication code sent to me didn't work for the first 5 times and after that the security question was blank, so I had to ring up to reset my question.

So after the rigamarole of registering, I perused the features of the site and saw that in my 'Plans and Device' tab, the Parental Control was ON and turning OFF does nothing. I also check the slightly ambiguous third-party sources box too. I still get the Virgin Mobile restriction page.

Can anyone help ASAP?

Thank you.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile Parental Control OFF but still blocking websites.

Hi kuala,

There have been a number of posts from people unable to view adult content on their device even after switching OFF parental control in their account.

It seems for some that the switch is "reversed". They are able to view adult content when it is switched ON : Re: Parental Controls on Mobile

If you are unable to view adult content regardless of how it is set in your account (allow the system time to update between you switching and trying to view).

Your best course of action would be to give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile.
Or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they are able to switch off parental control from their end.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kuala,

There have been a number of posts from people unable to view adult content on their device even after switching OFF parental control in their account.

It seems for some that the switch is "reversed". They are able to view adult content when it is switched ON : Re: Parental Controls on Mobile

If you are unable to view adult content regardless of how it is set in your account (allow the system time to update between you switching and trying to view).

Your best course of action would be to give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile.
Or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they are able to switch off parental control from their end.

Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Rrverma_2000
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I too have the same issue with my mobile data I get the message about adult content!
Not so with my virgin broadband.
Please help

Rrverma_2000
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rrverma_2000 wrote:
Hi
I too have the same issue with my mobile data I get the message about adult content!
Not so with my virgin broadband.
Please help

Rrverma_2000

Hi Rrverma_2000,

have you tried as I suggested above?

Log into your mobile account > from the row of tabs, click on "Plan and device" > under "Manage your services"

Try the Parental control in both the ON and OFF positions to see if it will allow you to view adult content.
(Allow time between switching and attempting to view for your account to refresh).

If you are still unable to view adult content regardless of the setting:

Call Virgin mobile customer services on 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they can turn off the restriction.

0 Kudos