Menu
Muppet74
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Account help

Hi,

I am knew to forums so please go easy on me. I used to have a Virgin Mobile account years ago, and can't remember my password or phone numbers. I have recently brought a pay as you go sim to see how the service is like before buying a new contract. I am trying to register the phone online, but I keep getting the message saying that my email address is already registered and to log in. As I have said I cannot log in and when I click forgotten my password  it wants my old numbers which I can't remember and are probably not active anyway.

I sometimes get a yellow box appear saying oops something went wrong try again latter. I have rung 789 and got nowhere. All I want is to use my email address and not a different one as suggested by 789 , and register my phone.

Please help

Richard

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile Account help

Hi Richard,

Your best bet is to call 789 and ask them to delete the online account that is using your email address, as long as it is registered to you. Hopefully they'll be able to find your old account by entering in your name and address. You will need to pass security by answering a number of questions. 

Once they've deleted the old online account, you will be able to create a new online account using your email address for your new Pay as You Go number. If you decide to go ahead and get a contract number, make sure they link it to your details so that you'll have all your numbers under one online account. Alternatively, you can upgrade the PAYG number onto a contract so you keep the same mobile number.

Hope this helps.

All Replies
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Richard,

Your best bet is to call 789 and ask them to delete the online account that is using your email address, as long as it is registered to you. Hopefully they'll be able to find your old account by entering in your name and address. You will need to pass security by answering a number of questions. 

Once they've deleted the old online account, you will be able to create a new online account using your email address for your new Pay as You Go number. If you decide to go ahead and get a contract number, make sure they link it to your details so that you'll have all your numbers under one online account. Alternatively, you can upgrade the PAYG number onto a contract so you keep the same mobile number.

Hope this helps.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties registering a new account for your PAYG SIM. It's great to see that @Lurcherlover has given you great advice about how to get this sorted out. Has this issue been resolved for you now?

If you are still having problems, please let me know. I'll send you a private message requesting further details so I can look into this for you if this hasn't been fixed for you yet. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help