Menu
Rhinobear
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Account App

Since the beginning of this week I have been unable to access my 'usage' on my mobile, it keeps saying can not connect to server, why is this please? I tried re-installing but still says the same, as a new customer not exactly happy.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Account App

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rhinobear,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

May I ask what make and model device you are using?

Is this error only happening when you check your recent usage or are you unable to load the app up at all?

Come back to me and we can take a look Smiley Happy

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rhinobear
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It's a Motorola G4, I can reload the 'app' but it still doesn't work, it did do when I first had the phone and changed provider but it suddenly stopped working.

cheers

Rhinobear

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rhinobear

I hope you don't mind me stepping in whilst Liam is away. Can I ask whether your phone is showing a mobile data connection when the app is accessed?

Depending on the strength of the mobile data connection it can show at the top of your screen as either 3G, H, H+ or even 4G if you are on a 4G package. You may not see the icon if Wi-Fi is on so you may need to temporarily turn it off first.

If no mobile data connection is showing then you may need to go into the settings to turn it back on. On the Motorola G4 you can do this by following these steps:

• On your main screen, select the Apps icon; it looks like a circle with six dots in it.
  • Scroll to and select Settings.
  • Tap on Data usage.
  • Ensure Mobile data is turned on.

Hope this helps but let me know how you get on.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Rhinobear
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I have followed your instructions, 4G comes up when wi fi turned off but still no change, as far as I can tell mobile data on, both green on cellular data and set cellular data limit. So I don't know what happens next? Still coming up with connection error, unable to talk to server.

Rhinobear

0 Kudos
ukperson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_B and others

usage page is currently not working on virgin media mobile (i assume its all customers or some of them virgin mobile are aware of it, the India first level support are not aware of it until they ask the second level, be nice if they would post that info so not to waste so much time on phone) been like this for about 2-3 weeks

0 Kudos