Menu
emsklyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Use current sim in old iphone

My son has been given an out of contract iphone. Can we just put his current sim on the Big Talk tariff into it or is there more to be done? Cheers.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Use current sim in old iphone

emsklyn wrote:

My son has been given an out of contract iphone. Can we just put his current sim on the Big Talk tariff into it or is there more to be done? Cheers.

Assuming the iphone isn't locked to a carrier and assuming the simcard is the same size then you "should" be able to

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

emsklyn wrote:

If the phone is unlocked / locked to Virgin yes you can and more importantly, if you have the correct SIM type to fit the phone. Virgin currently give out a type of SIM which you can pop out (or back in) to three bits, making it usable as a standard SIM / micro SIM / nano SIM - depending on the phone type you want it in.

In the case of not having this push out SIM type, you can ring 789 from a VM mobile or 0345 600 0789 from any phone and request one of these push out SIMs to be sent to replace the old SIM.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

emsklyn wrote:

Assuming the iphone isn't locked to a carrier and assuming the simcard is the same size then you "should" be able to

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

emsklyn wrote:

If the phone is unlocked / locked to Virgin yes you can and more importantly, if you have the correct SIM type to fit the phone. Virgin currently give out a type of SIM which you can pop out (or back in) to three bits, making it usable as a standard SIM / micro SIM / nano SIM - depending on the phone type you want it in.

In the case of not having this push out SIM type, you can ring 789 from a VM mobile or 0345 600 0789 from any phone and request one of these push out SIMs to be sent to replace the old SIM.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi emsklyn,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've experienced difficulties getting help with your tariff change query.

WebChat have limited access into mobile accounts due to the systems that are used, so aren't able to access the information required.

I'd like to provide further support for you, but first I'll need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos