Menu
Ian69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading my Tariff

Why, when I try to change my tariff do I get the message 'Oops, something's gone wrong!'

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading my Tariff

Ah, have you not worked it out yet? Virgins website is, er, v poor, politely as I can put it. You can do NOTHING on it! Its there for show.

They want you to call them, esp about changes.  They are call centre orientated, not techie, though youd think they would be both.

Sadly, if you do ring up, you have to listen to terrible music, for xx cycles of the tape, then its in the lap of the gods if you get someone who can help. My last call today about an upgrade, they sounded like they were having a party and I was sent back to the switchboard. I did get someone in foreign lands who did answer my question though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian69,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties changing your tariff online.

Sometimes the site can experience issues like the one you've described. Our apologies for your inconvenience. 

I would recommend giving our Mobile team a call on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 to get your tariff changed. 

Let us know how this goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ian69
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

many thanks, very helpful. I thought I was doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ian69,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Glad to hear this information was helpful. I'm definitely convinced this was something on our site playing up and not anything you we doing wrong so don't worry.

If you need anything in future don't hesitate to get back to us.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:

Hi ian69,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Glad to hear this information was helpful. I'm definitely convinced this was something on our site playing up and not anything you we doing wrong so don't worry.

If you need anything in future don't hesitate to get back to us.

Take care

Stephen,

For your information, this option on the website has NEVER WORKED....still not working NOW 6 MONTHS LATER!!!

Wasted far too much time trying to change tariff by phone, now the site STILL now working, 5 weeks I have been trying to get VM to sort it, (see my post 'oops, somethings gone wrong AGAIN'  Apparently this option HAS NEVER WORKED!!... Why bother with it?? just remove from the site and have done with it!!  

I've now given up with trying, and am looking at another provider for my 4 phones, because VM are not interested in sorting out the problem PERIOD... they have known about this for ages, (check out the numerous posts on this forum!!) yet REFUSE to sort it...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos