Menu
graham6
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrades

I have been a customer with virgin media and mobiles for eight years. I have never been late or defaulted on payments. When I tried to upgrade on mobile phones I have been told my accounts have been blacklisted ( but they cannot or will not tell me why). I have written to equifax and virgin media underwriters without success.  I find them as a company to be cold and uncaring in wanting to help resolve the situation. what can be done to get this matter resolved other than cancelling all contracts I have with virgin mobile and virgin media?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrades

Seems since they have moved over to 'Freestyle' contracts, where the cost of the phone is taken out as a loan, lots of people have been refused upgrades either to the phone they wanted or all together.

Evidence seems to suggest that these credit checks are internal as people have checked their credit files and found no searches made.

If you can get nowhere with their underwriters then really your only move is to go elsewhere. 

As Virgin mobile and Virgin Media seem to operate as separate entities then moving your phones could be your first move. 

0 Kudos