Menu
Tracykeates
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Been refused upgrade today as poor credit, I have 2 contracts and paid o. Time for whole duration of contract, also have virgin media account. Why would I need another credit check to upgrade joke. Been in touch with BT who have offered all the above
0 Kudos
Tracykeates
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Been refused upgrade on credit search. Been customer 2 years so why refusal when it comes to upgrade
0 Kudos
Tracykeates
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Complain

How do I make complaint about upgrade refusal after being fully paying customer with 2 contacts for 2 years.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

You are not alone. Good people don't meet the criteria it seems. Posts most weeks about this.

You can get this looked into but it is long and laborious including having to write the underwriting department. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tracykeates,

a credit check is always done regardless of your history with VM because you are entering into a new financial agreement.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
G_Pearce
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Experienced this myself today when trying to upgrade. I don't actually know how many years I have been with them but I know it's been quite a few. Never have I had any problems upgrading until this morning and they just processed my request to leave without any form of 'looking into how it can be resolved' or providing any form of 'customer service'. Seems like they don't appreciate valued customers and willing to lose the custom.

Poor service.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The new phone contracts are different to the old ones, they are giving you a loan for a phone and a sim deal, before it was a phone contract, this makes credit checks harder
0 Kudos