Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to sim only

My contract is ending and I'm going for the SIM only upgrade. How does the phone number and all the info on my present SIM get transferred or is it copied over?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to sim only

Normally moving to SIM only from an inclusive phone tariff is just a change at the billing end. You keep your same SIM and everything else. All that happens is your tariff and price change.

And with Freestyle all that happens is that your phone payment automatically stops. Nothing actually changes on your SIM tariff unless you've chosen a change.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
hansi
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben but can I please ask you something regarding the billing cycle. I have one more payment to make to complete my present two year contract which will be taken by DD in early April. If I change to 4g Sim only online today, will my new allowances and tariff start immediately or will I have to wait till the contract ends?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you make a single payment to Virgin Media for your tariff and phone then you can make a change 30 days before your minimum period ends without any additional fees e.g. If your minimum period finished on 30th April you can request a change from 1st April. You should see in Your Account when your upgrade option starts. Your new monthly option would then start at the next available refresh date.

If you make two payments, one for your phone and one for your tariff, you can request a change to 4G immediately. It would change on your next available refresh date. Your phone payment wouldn't be affected and would automatically stop once all payments have been made.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
hansi
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I changed tariff yesterday at a Virgin store and I did have to have a new SIM card, but everything ok now. More allowances and less to pay. Result!
0 Kudos