Menu
Snooze
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade time - what a joke.

I've just called to upgrade my three mobile phones that I have with VM, along with the home phone, internet and TV packages.

Got to the point about VM needing to sort something out this time, as I was "conned" into taking a 3GB tariff last time, by being offered a discount that was never applied.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Retention-Discounts-not-being-applied/m-p/2779828
(apologies for not getting back to those who took the time to reply)

Basically, the offshore "Customer Service" representative told me this time that no discounts of any sort were available because Virgin Media were:

• "Giving" me new phones
  • "Allowing" me to use their 4G network
  • Rolling over data from one month to the next.

Now, forgive me if this descends into a rant, but that is complete garbage.  When I pointed out to the guy that I could "get a new phone and 4G elsewhere" he had no answer, except that "looking elsewhere was my choice".

Seriously??

If you don't want my custom, that's fine. Say so.  There's a better looking deal with Carphone Warehouse.

If there is still such a thing as a genuine Retentions Team, please could someone from Virgin Media actually point me at them, or get them to contact me?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade time - what a joke.

Call 789 and choose the " thinking of leaving us" option, be aware that they have removed as far as possible loyalty discounts, but I'd hope that with a full package they can do something for you, if not as much as they have in the past
Snooze
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade time - what a joke.

Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case, I've got some thinking to do.

0 Kudos