Menu
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unlocking my Xperia Z

I wish to unlock my old Xperia Z phone, to be used as a spare for my family. I have phoned 789 countless times this week and with considerable frustration at their inability to understand a simple request. I was told they would get the relevant information for me and would call back within 48 hours, needless to say I never received a call. After two calls this evening, and been directed to the wrong department, the best they could offer me was the phone number for Sony.

Now, if I got the phone from Virgin why can't they unlock it?

0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlocking my Xperia Z

Just phoned Sony and they have told me that the only people that can unlock my phone are Virgin. Now why don't Virgin realize this?
0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two more phone calls to Virgin and their sheer and utter incompetence is astonishing, sadly I am no further forward in my quest.
Q. Why do Virgin not have a customer service dept. in the UK? If they do, how do I contact them?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok when you next call in choose the option for problem with your phone, the tech guys can sort this out with little problem, and now it's free as well, you may need a sim from a different network in the phone to complete the process so have one on in the phone when you call
0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried this option and have come up with the same response...they don't have a clue!

J0hn wrote:
Ok when you next call in choose the option for problem with your phone, the tech guys can sort this out with little problem, and now it's free as well, you may need a sim from a different network in the phone to complete the process so have one on in the phone when you call

0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The response I got that I thought was the most helpful was when I was put through to the Insurance dept. and they told me to go to a High Street shop and get it done there.........................................SERIOUSLY?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monalie,

I'm sorry that you've had such a problem trying to get your handset unlocked. Apologies for the confusion around which handsets can or cannot be unlocked by us.

Unlock codes can only be requested for Virgin Media Equipment.

If the handset is a 3rd Party handset, you will need to speak to the provider of the handset to request the unlock code.

If your Sony Xperia Z was provided by Virgin Mobile, then we can unlock this handset for you. If this is the case, I can arrange this for you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos