Menu
bferretti
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unfair charge abroad

Hi

I've been unfairly charged more than 13£ for 2mb of data abroad, while I had ~1mb left of my travel pass. As in the sms virgin sent to me the very moment I landed, mobile data abroad cannot be used without travel passes, so I don't understand what happened and I want my money back asap. I can't even talk to cs since you charge 2£ for a call if abroad!!!  The situation is scandalous (topped up this morning and money vanished at 3 pm) and I am seriously thinking of changing provider, since I can't use my mobile, it's been a nightmare finding an alternative way to contact you, and last but not the least, I feel you have stolen me 13£.

I demand someone from Virgin cs contact me asap to solve the issue and refund my money!

Ben

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfair charge abroad

Sadly this is mainly a self help forum, and Virgin won't call you, there is data protection issues using forums, check your charges and ensure they occurred after you took out the data pass, I expect you might not resolve this before your return to the UK, as I posted a few moments ago, on occasions the data is charged for in error, and the data pass not consumed as it should be, they can and will resolve it for you, but it's made much more difficult out still being overseas, have you tried web chat, via a PC or laptop?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfair charge abroad

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem with your mobile billing while abroad.

I'm not able to access your account details, so you will need to get in touch with our Customer Services team so that we can look into this for you. Please give us a call on on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us. Also, you can contact us when you're travelling abroad by calling +447953967967(call charges apply).

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos