Menu
jasel43
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unauthorised Payments

Can anyone advise how to stop virgin mobile taking unauthorised payments out of bank account? To date they have stolen approximately £60, and each time i call, after speaking to at least two people each time and being on hold for up to 20 minutes, i get assurances that this will stop and i will be reimbursed if i set up another direct debit. Checked my bank account today and this time they have taken £36 despite specific assurances that they would not. Having taken legal advice from a friend who is a solicitor the police will not apparently be interested and it is a matter for trading standards or an independent claim. Are any other customers having such problems and is the media aware of these actions? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unauthorised Payments

If you set up a DD you have given them (and any other company who you have a DD with) unfettered access to your bank account. Anything they do, as you have found out, falls under civil law, not criminal, so an allegation of theft is both unwarranted and potentially libelous. Just sayin.

If we take that as hyperbole instead of an actual allegation of criminal intent, I suppose we need to get to what exactly the issue is? You HAVE an agreement with them, which will outline any charges due. What does it say? Where are is the rest of the charging coming from?

What I mean is- say your paying 5 quid a month under contract for x free minutes and y texts and z data. Have you exceeded those limits? What does the bill say on it? Are you calling numbers that SHOULD be free but are getting charged for them? (as an example)

Any company can make a genuine mistake, but if its happening repeatedly we need to find out what is causing them to add charges to your account.

0 Kudos
jasel43
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for comments. You have misunderstood. My 24 month contract ceased in July of this year, and it switched to a £8 monthly sim only deal. Virgin Mobile have continued to charge me at the rate when I was under the 24 month contract however. When I brought this to their attention they apologised and advised they would credit my account with the overcharged amount, which is why I just didn’t move elsewhere. However they continue to charge me at the rate I was paying during my 24 month contract period and have still not credited my account with the excess they have taken. The last straw was this week after further assurances this would be rectified they went and did it again and somehow managed to add a further £20 on top of the bill. This now goes beyond an oversight and suggests malicious intent to debit funds from my account without my consent, hence my previous comments. Each statement I have made is factual and the evidence audited. I am not an irrational or unreasonable person and am aware of contract obligations, direct debit instructions, the limits on minutes used and excess charges. Thank you anyway for your efforts to clarify. I was hopeful as a last resory really that other customers may have experienced something similar and would able to point me in the direction of a source at Virgin Mobile that may be able to assist as I have given up hope of resolving this matter with customer service advisors having continously tried and failed.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No that's what I was getting at- your agreement is for 8 quid a month correct?

And they have continued charging you for your previous contract, which has expired- which is when you switched to the 8 quid a month.

So its fairly straightforward, Ill flag for staff on here, hopefully they can get the kicking boots on and apply "pressure" to the required parties.

@ModTeam can someone escalate as this seems to have been going on for "a bit"

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And go and see the bank, the direct debit scheme allows the bank to claw back the cash and drop it back into your account. Look it up, the bank may not like to do it Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasel43,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your billing. I have escalated this over to our Mobile Team and they have looked into this for you.

In order to give you specific information about your billing we will need to confirm further details with you.

I'll send you a private message requesting the required details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jasel43
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri - I am still awaiting a response on this, can you assist please.

0 Kudos
jasel43
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

You still have not responded. The simple courtesy of letting me know that you do not intend to respond would be the very least i would expect as a matter of common decency. I have to hand it to you guys however, just when i think that the attitude and behaviour of VM cannot get any worse you manage to aggravate the situation further. Well done!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ooh buddy slow down, she does not work 24/7 365, allow her to get back to work and log in, thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasel43,

I've been away this last week, apologies for the delay in responding to your posts. I can see that the update we received on this from our Mobile department was passed onto you by Ben while I was away.

The Forum Team are not able to arrange a deadlock letter, this has to be done via our Customer Service team when a complaint is raised. To discuss this further, please call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). Apologies that we are unable to escalate this further for you. Please give us a call so that we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos