Menu
abba2566
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to sign up for 'my virgin'

I recently bought a virgin data only, sim only, deal to put in my iPad pro and I've been trying to set up 'my virgin.' 

My account number is either 8 digits (numbers only) or 8 digits and 2 letters. Neither worked - looking through these forums it suggested prefacing the account number with a '0.' So I tried that (and it accepted it as an account number.)

I then looked for my area reference. It wasn't anywhere in the pack or letter that came with the sim nor in the direct debit confirmation letter. It also isn't shown anywhere obvious on the virgin mobile account or ebill or ebill notification. So I resorted to trying all of them and none worked. So either it timed out after a while and didn't tell me or another piece of info was wrong (possibly the account number?)

I live in North Lancashire. 

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to sign up for 'my virgin'

Hi abba2566

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues registering for your online account.

As this is a mobile SIM (even though it's a Mobile Broadband SIM not a calls/texts/data plan) you would need to register with the mobile number associated with the account on our Mobile 'Your Account' page.

The account number and area reference is something specific to cable accounts (home phone, TV and fixed line broadband packages).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos