Menu
mr_pug
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to authorise VM My Account on iphone SE since app updated

Since the app updated itself last week on my IPhone SE I have been unable to authorise it as I get a Connection Error screen stating "We're havening difficulty reaching our servers".  I have uninstalled and installed the app more than several times, reset the network settings and reset the phone several times. I have mobile data enabled and can use other apps via the internet.  Wifi is disabled when trying to connect. 
I was able to connect and see my account details before the update.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to authorise VM My Account on iphone SE since app updated

Hi mr_pug, 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a bit of an issue with our Virgin Mobile My Account app, it sounds the recent phone software update may have made the app temporarily incompatible, as soon as this app updates it should all work fine for you. 

You can check the Apple app store to see if this app is ready for an update, if not don’t worry too much the app update normally follow very soon afterwards. 

Let me know how you get on, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
mr_pug
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to authorise VM My Account on iphone SE since app updated

Thanks for the reply Kelly. Tried to install the app again today. It asked if I wanted the app to remember me which I assumed it has authenticated me. But still bombed out with the same connection error message. Had no problem with the previous version of the app. What is annoying is that the app on my wife's iPhone 6 updated and authenticated with no problems. I'm going to give it a couple of months before I try again.
0 Kudos