Menu
netpotsue
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trying to change tariff but no joy!

Long story please bare with me! I had a sim only contract costing £5 with 1gb data for a long time. In October I purchased a new contract phone from Virgin which had to have a monthly sim as part of the deal. I was told I could not use my old sim deal it had to be a new deal, I chose the cheapest sim deal, £5, to tied me over and was told I could always change it later. So I ended up with two sim cards for a while. I wanted to keep my original number so needed to cancel my first sim and move the number to my new sim. But obviously I could not do this, you cannot transfer a number within the same network. So I got my pac number from virgin, got a giffgaff sim card and gave them my pac number. Then I got my pac number from giffgaff and gave it to virgin to use on my new sim card. Hey presto it worked!! So I now needed to change my tariff to £9 a month with 2gb data.. I tried to do this online but got the Oops Yellow Screen. So I phoned virgin, they tried to change my tariff but said on their system it said' No tariff available'. It needed the tech department to sort things out and was promised a call back. A week later no call back so phoned again, same answer. Phone yesterday, my refresh date, told yes will sort it out and call back. No call back. Phoned again today and was told this:

'Still showing no tariff available, but we have managed to change it to £9 a month with 1gb data, please call us back again before your next refresh date in February and we will increase it again. This is the only way we can change your tariff'.

Confused? So am I. What is going on? Why can't I or virgin change my tariff? Any virgin moderator out there who could sort this out for me please?

0 Kudos
netpotsue
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to change tariff but no joy!

Update. finally spoke to someone at virgin who understood the issue. He had never come across this problem before and was determined to solve it. To start with he, loyalty or handset department could not offer any other tariff due to technical problems. basically virgin are doing away with 3g tariffs. So he had to raise a customer complaint about the way I had been treated. This then allowed him to put me on a new tariff until my refresh date and then to put me on to a 4g tariff after that date. He was also allowed to give me credit on my account to pay for this months tariff. Also as it had been raised as a complaint he then takes ownership of it and will call me back on my refresh date to ensue I have received my 4g sim card. Lets hope this works.

0 Kudos