Menu
Katrisha
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying and failing to cancel a contract

I have my ex husband's mobile contract in my name (I won't get onto how annoying it is to not be allowed to transfer it!) and its due to end on the 8th March. I was under the impression that you give 30 days notice (so around 6th Feb) to tell them you don't want to continue the contract. When I phoned up then I was told there was still money owing before the contract ends and I'd have to wait till it was taken from my bank account and call back then (25th Feb). Today I called back to cancel and was told that I have to wait until the 8th March where the phone goes into a 30 day rolling contract. I have to 'book a cancellation' and pay the £5 airtime that it costs while I wait a month for it to cancel.

How on earth is it okay for virgin to take more money from me when I've given plenty of notice (the same as I've done in the past and its worked out fine) and charge me for something I'm not contracted to pay and don't want??
And why am I getting different advice everytime I phone?????
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying and failing to cancel a contract

Right. Can I suggest another route.

Phone 789 and choose the option 'Thinking of Leaving.'

Request a PAC code from them

Once you get it transfer the number to another provider via one of the cheap PAYG SIMS

Once the number transfers you will be finished with Virgin

0 Kudos
Katrisha
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That would be a great idea but I don't need to keep using the number and don't want to buy another sim in order to get away from virgin media... It's ridiculous how hard they make it to leave
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katrisha

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you had cancelling this account with us.

Could I just check if you've managed to get this sorted out now?

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos