Menu
AnnoyedCust0mer
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trouble transferring number

After putting up with the lack of service Virgin supplies to my area I decided to move to another network, however over a month later this still hasn't happened. At the start of August I requested my account to be closed and PAC numbers generated, the account should be closed at the end of the month and the PAC texted within 48 hours. A week later I hadn't received the PAC code and was told there were problems but that it would be sorted within a week. I have rang multiple times since then, each time detailing my problem only to receive a PAC code from my previous carrier (I don't know how that happened) and a PAC code from Virgin. Great! Only, it didn't work, back on the phone to Virgin again.

I was told by another representative that they shouldn't be able to generate a code because the number is still in use, (doesn't explain the code I received, but ok) but was assured that the account was being closed at the end of the month. I rang up again when the account was closed for them to generate a code, only to be told to wait a week, after that week, I've been told to wait another week. So one and a half months later, Virgin are still refusing to supply me with a PAC code.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! At first I was moving because of bad coverage, now I want to get away from their useless customer support.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble transferring number

A sad tale of woe. They can generate a PAC when you are still using the phone providing you have given notice to quit and are not behind with payments (no legally correct but it how Virgin interprets the rules) Virgin can't generate a PAC on behalf of other networks so that's very strange. When your PAC is activated by the new network you Virgin sim stops working. Call back choose phone issues, speak to a tech guy it should be resolved in a few minutes.

0 Kudos