Menu
Elcalamaris
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trade for mobile

I had several months left on my contract and wanted to upgrade to a new mobile. This was £80 but if I returned my old one, which was valued at £20 as still in good working order and screen not cracked it would be £60.

I received an email saying the LED was damaged and stated i would only get £3! This is rubbish as it was not damaged I just wanted to swap from Android to Iphone.

I spent over 20 minutes on the phone to an operator at Virgin Mobile who just could not grasp what i was disagreeing with. He transfered me to Virgin Media who said it was nothing to do with them even though the email came from Virgin Media. 

I replied to the email but no reply!

Not happy that I can't even speak with anyone as nothing showing on my account about this.

Steve (Virgin media customer since the 80's!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade for mobile

Hi Steve

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about your difficulties with trading in your handset.

If our Virgin Media Recycle team have identified any issues on the handset this will lower the trade-in value but we will always aim to provide the best value for the handset that we can.

Any questions, please do let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That response is totally pointless and does not address the issue.

Perhaps the OP would like his phone returned to him rather than a £3.00 credit which would also give the opportunity of examination of the alleged damage.

Assistance is required in discussing the matter/ making arrangements - he is getting the run around.

Elcalamaris
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply but this doesn't help in the slightest. I still have no idea why the valuation is wrong and why I'm unable to speak to anyone who has anything to do with the refund.

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
Elcalamaris
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Spell

I agree it doesn't help in the slightest and I think I'm going get the run around here.

Cheers Steve 

0 Kudos
Pinkbabe17
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was quoted £180 for my s6 edge it's in perfect condition
Today I have had an email saying it's only worth £55 they reckon there is LCD damage load of nonsense
Where dose that leave me now using new phone and totally disagree with what they have said it's just one big scam
0 Kudos