Menu
Techie365
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Top Up (e-Card) does not work

Re: E-top up card doesn't work

I, and my wife, have had the same problem. After receiving 2 new top up cards each that did not work, having spoken to the help desk prior to each, I was told that since my sim was old I would need a new sim in order to get my latest card working. I questioned the link between the sim and my card and account, but in the end agreed to try it.  I received the sim, transferred my contacts to the phone memory, replaced the old sim with the new, and confirmed it worked by sending texts and making calls. However, I then found that a number of contacts were missing.  I then tried to use the top up card at my normal place, Sainsburys, whilst shopping, and as you've probably guessed, it did not work. Also tried same with wife's card after changing the sim with the same dissapointing result. Contacted help desk again, and after a load of flannel requested and spoke to a supervisor.  He said the they are having problems with the manufacturer of their top up cards and the magnetic strip, which should contain data re the phone account etc is not working, and that when the problem is solved they will send out new cards.  This was about 2 months ago, but to date no new cards received. 

The easiest way, and my preference, is to top up when shopping and paying for the shopping. When are Virgin going to sort this problem and send out cards that work. Please do not give me the answer given to a previous response to this problem. We all know what the alternatives are but still want to use e-cards.

Will we get top up cards, that work, and when?  If we do not get these I will be looking to move to another provider

Do not give the answer telling us what the alternatives are. We know what they are.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Top Up (e-Card) does not work

I almost did not bother to reply

You will not get top up cards that work by posting in a mainly self help forum, I expect that if you were aware of this you would not have posted, so I'll not mention the last bit on how to get them as I assume you know and don't want me to repeat the information
0 Kudos
Techie365
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well  J0hn Knows their stuff. What a strange and unhelpful reply.  As you may, or may not, know I have been through an extremely frustrating period of months attempting to resolve my problem with Virgin.  My comment was aimed at Virgin in the hope that they would read my post and actually be helpful.  It was also posted in the event that I might get useful help from some helpful person who may have resolved this problem, as very often happens on sites such as these where members most often try to help each other. I have obviously failed on both counts.  Since you said you nearly did'nt reply, I wonder why you did.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh gracious till the last, I thought you might react like this Smiley Happy

As you are a well skilled techie, I look forward to you becoming an upright helpful citizen and strong member of this community helping others to the best of your obviously fantastic abilities.

I look forward to reading your ever more helpful post climbing you way into the communities heart ?
0 Kudos