Menu
anthonyjnrmeyer
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Thought I cancelled my phone contract months ago. 10 months of charges have been made since.

Hey folks,

About a year back i was on a sim only contract with virgin that was roughly £20 a month for unlimited data unlimited texts and x amount of minutes per month. Originally started on that contract probably 3 or so years back at £15 (regretting leaving it in all honesty with it being such a sweet deal for unlimited data) Thing is I needed a new phone and didn't have the money on me at the time to invest in a brand spanking new phone so paid into a contract at the carphone warehouse and went into the Virgin Media Middlesbrough branch asking to cancel my phone contract. The young lady I spoke to was super lovely took my details, name, address, phone number and that was that. I went home and cancelled the direct debit on my Lloyds account to Virgin, thinking that would be the end of it.  

Fast forward to now and I rarely check my bank details but got a text alert saying I was under this month and it didn't quite seem to add up in my head so checking I realised for the past 9 or ten months I've been getting charged for both the virgin media contract and my current contract.

So while i'm getting on cancelling it asap I'm curious about two things. Am I eligible for at the very least a partial refund? 0.0 And did I go through the correct process of cancelling? Is there somethign that needed to be done as well as going into a store?

Cheers guys and gals, appreciate the time!

Ant 

Edit: I haven't had the sim for the past ten months and if the records are available, any assessment wwould show zero activity on the sim.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thought I cancelled my phone contract months ago. 10 months of charges have been made since.

Hi anthonyjnrmeyer

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear about the issue with your account and I'd like to take a closer look at the situation for you. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos