Menu
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tariff changes for data

I have noticed that the data on all tariffs have changed. eg 250mb is now 500mb for £5 a month.

But to get the 500mb I have to either pay £8 a month or cancel the sim and get another sim with this deal. Why is this. Surely it would be easier for Virgin to be able to change the tariff than setup another sim for a existing customer and then another mobile phone number.

I emailed the ceo team and they said they could only change the tariff up to get the 500mb and pay £8. but for a new sim its 1gb of data for £8. I have 3 sims with virgin and would prefer data on them all instead of having to order 3 new sims.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tariff changes for data

When the new sims are not available as a choice on your online account, it usually only takes a quick call to retentions (thinking of leaving option) to get swapped over to one of them, no new sims needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phoned 789, explained I wanted 1gb tariff at £8 on one account, and then on 2 other accounts 500mb for £5 tariff. no problem sir. put me on hold then comes back and says. I am having a problem do this I will pass you to someone that will be able to set the accounts to the correct tariffs. Gets Nevil who is very helpful explain it all to him and puts me on hold about 16 times, comes back they all sorted, check my account to see I have been put on 500mb on all 3 accounts at £8 a month. When I say sorry this is incorrect he puts me on hold again then comes back and says he has to put me through to someone else. next lady explains that because the new tariffs came into affect on the 2nd May they have not yet been put on to everyone, but said that they will be around the middle of June. to ring back up and then change them. but in the mean time I am getting charged more money than I should be. and 1 account is not on the right tariff.

I was told that I couldn't cancel my freestyle 30 day rolling contracts as I have a 24 month contract but when I explained I had cancelled 1 a few month ago they said no I haven't which I know I have. All I want is

1 account on the 1gb of data tariff for £8

2 accounts on the 500mb data tariff for £5

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you got to overseas???,  the new tarrifs will be out of date by the time they get added to their scripts. lol

During office hours ring 789 and follow the prompts to "thinking of leaving"(option 0 then 4)",  this should get you through to UK staff who can help you - if you do get offshore again, hang up and ring again (may sound rude - but you'll just waste your time and theirs).

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
ianrod2
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Got xperia m4 aqua on £13 per month deal last year. 250 mins, 250 Mb and unlimited texts. Now same deal is £11 and includes 500 Mb of data. Have tried in vain to get data tariff changed without paying for a new sim package. Just going round in circles talking to call centre. Any advice?

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You will not get anywhere. I went through ceo team and they said as the tariffs are on the account they can only change to the ones on your account. I said well I will cancel all 5 sims with 30 days notice and got told. that I might not get the 5 sim deals. due to credit checks. so I am stuck. They did say that it might come into effect later in the year. I did say that I was not happy that new customers get the better deal. if it was Internet side and they upgraded the speed it would happen. Why should mobiles be different. I asked about 4g too. and was told that it is coming soon. Only been told that since last year lol.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ycwkpp898

Were all your 5 sim-only's taken out with Freestyle phone Contracts?
0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag. Yes they are, they all show as Freestyle on my account.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ycwkpp898 wrote:

Hi teabag. Yes they are, they all show as Freestyle on my account.

I've only just found out that these sim-only's taken out with a phone are restricted.

I still have not found out why yet, being 30day rolling sims which you can cancel at anytime - I can't understand why they will not let you update too any new sim-only's.

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its so stupid. Surely it would be easier for them to move me to the correct setting than me having to cancel and get new sims. which is not a real reason to do. 1 it will cost them more. I wish they would sort out the new tariffs before letting them loose. and upgrading all customers who do want to upgrade. which would be very easy for a company this big. Sign in to your account and a yes you want the extra data. etc. or No then it gets left. Then theres 4g. Why is it not here. they use EE for there signal. So we should already get it.
0 Kudos