Menu
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Switching off voicemail??

My voicemail has been turned off since I joined Virgin over a year ago  Its turned off at the "account hub" Recently my phone only rings 3 times & then cuts out  After ***** my son for cutting calls to me before I answer them it turns out the "new improved voicemail" doesn't seem to have the option to either turn it off or set how long the phone will ring before automatically diverting to voicemail..

My phone is an iphone 5s, it isn't set to divert calls & there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off voicemail diverts ( the "divert" option in settings is turned off)

Anyone got any ideas how I can turn off this unwanted "improved" feature?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching off voicemail??

Hi Les01889,

Does turning 'on' the voicemail through your account allowing a few minutes before then turning it back 'off' have any impact on the problem?

Let me know and if not we can take a closer look Smiley Happy

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that earlier with no effect  I've just had a text from virgin telling me my voicemail PIN has been changed (not by me). Trying to get through to customer service is ridiculous with the number of options you have to go through before you can be put in a queue. it looks like it might actually be quicker to wait for assistance here. It only took 3 days for the first reply. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Les01889,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry to see that this is still an issue for you.

I would like to take a closer look so will shortly send you a PM with further details.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. I managed to get through to customer service eventually late last night & they've sorted it. I've got no voicemail now so hopefully it stays that way. I can't understand why it wouldn't switch off via the online account settings though. Thanks again for the reply.
0 Kudos