Menu
leonardo49
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switching from Virgin PAYG to Virgin Pay Monthly - PAC needed?

I'm on a 30-day rolling contract SIM with Virgin and am looking at their pay monthly contracts. I was wondering how this would work regarding the SIM card and keeping my number.

Would I have to go through the usual process using the PAC code as if I was switching from one service provider to another? Or, seeing as I'm staying on Virgin, is it possible to make a simple switch of SIM card from one phone to another?

I'm currently using an iPhone 4 and looking at getting a Galaxy 6 so I'm also not sure whether my SIM card could be moved to the Galaxy or if their SIM slots are a different size to my current iPhone.

Thanks,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching from Virgin PAYG to Virgin Pay Monthly - PAC needed?

Hi Leonardo,

if you're currently on a 30 day rolling contract, you're already "Pay Monthly" ?

Anyhow, call the Team on 789 or the sales team direct on Freephone 0800 052 0238.

Tell them that you wish to "Upgrade" your phone and tariff to your chosen one (keeping your same Virgin Mobile number) and they will be able to run through it for you.

No need for a PAC Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, the most efficient method, is the stay sim only and buy a sim free mobile from a manufacturer or third party i.e. Amazon or the like, drop the purchase price onto a 0% credit card, still warranted no 22% interest on the purchase price, I think that Virgins markup
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As JOhn has advised, try too stay sim-only with Virgin and buy the phone elsewhere, it will stop you being forced to stay on a old sim tarrif selection with Virgin for the next two years.

Also if any of the rumours about 4g are true and it's coming soon, the last thing you want is to be stuck on an old 3g tarrif for the next two years !!!.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos