Menu
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Suspending account

I am going abroad for just over two months - so am defecting to 3 (obviously!) I called to cancel my Virgin account and was told over the phone that I could suspend the account while I was away. I asked for an email to confirm the suspension, and that I would not be charged. This was refused.

I have just checked my account online and there is no mention of the suspension - for my Virgin Media account the account has been credited with two months payment to show the suspension.

I am more than a little worried that my call will just have been ignored and the account will not be suspended. Should I just cancel the account?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspending account

Hi ElizaM,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm afraid it's not possible to suspend an account with us unless you're in the armed forces. I'm not too sure why you've been told otherwise.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was worried this might be the case. Something was said about reducing my account to a £5 a month contract - and it was when I said that I didn't want to pay anything, as I wouldn't be using the sim, that I was told that it was OK, I wouldn't have to pay anything. The email that I received just said that I had contacted Virgin - no details of what was discussed. I think I will just end the contract - I don't like the fact that I can come away from 2 phone calls none the wiser what they are doing with my money, and with nothing in writing.

Surely it only takes two minutes for a call taker to summarise what has been agreed and to copy that into an email and to the customers account? It could be done during the call. (speaking from 15 years experience as a calltaker for the emergency services)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer ElizaM Smiley Sad

I'm afraid we're unable to email customers contract information as it violates DPA.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So you could send a message to the account that I have to log in to see. Surely that would be better than leaving your customer unsure what they were signed up to.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply ElizaM.

I'm afraid we don't have the facility to post messages to you via your account. Sorry about that.

Mat

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This beggars belief! Obviously it is possible to show changes to my contract to my account! I'm not asking you personally to talk to me via my account. Matt - but the people I spoke to on the phone, who were meant to be making the changes.  They must have access to my account otherwise they couldn't cancel, upgrade or change my contract in anyway. Thank you for talking to me! 

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - I double 't'd your name.

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well. had a text from Virgin today, saying that as from now they have put me on the lowest contract. I don't go until the 16th March - and am quite a heavy user of the internet. So during my two phone calls to Virgin neither call taker has listened to what I said, and because they will not communicate in any way, I had no way of checking that what they were going to do is what I wanted! How can you run a business like this? Quoting DPA is ridiculous, as you can quite easily send me a message via my account.

0 Kudos
ElizaM
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In fact it is worse than I thought. Have just checked my account and have been put on the £5 starter account which only gives 1gb - no texts and no phone calls. I cannot get in touch with Virgin until Monday morning as all their offices are closed. Let's hope I don't need to make any phone calls when out today. Absolutely rubbish service - I clearly told both agents that I don't leave the country until the 16th March and would need my phone until then.

It is so sad, as I was very, very happy with my virgin contract - the coverage is good and I was happy with my sim only contract. Two call handlers have probably lost a customer who was going to stay with Virgin - what a shame. Not that anyone really cares.

0 Kudos