Menu
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sub-standard replacement...

My partner's Sony Experia M4 Aqua had a failure of some kind, most likely a battery failure. She sent it back to Virgin for repair, but they couldn't fix it. The phone that failed didn't have a mark on it, it was well looked after.

She called Virgin to arrange a replacement, the call handler said they were sending out an M5 Aqua as a replacement. Phone arrived next day, not an M5 but an M4 Aqua, but not only that, it's someone else's refurbished phone, it's clear the screen has been replaced but the back is scratched to bits.

We called Virgin within minutes of it arriving to tell you that the replacement was sub-standard and was to be rejected, the call handler said the matter was to be escalated to management.

12 days later, we've heard nothing from you, but you continue to take the money for a brand new phone when the replacement is a sub-standard refurbished, well-used handset.

Get your act together, Virgin, between us we have 3 mobile contracts, XL TV/Broadband/landline package, but your customer service is 3rd rate.

Let me put it to you this way... if you bought a new car and a short time later it failed with an unrepairable problem but otherwise was still like new, you wouldn't accept someone else's 2nd hand car with scratches on the panels as a replacement, would you?

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sub-standard replacement...

13 days later... still waiting...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

vm take about a week to reply here. If this is to long you need to call in for a faster reply.

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate, but the original contact was by phone... they said it would be escalated to management... 

Funnily enough, the call handler didn't seem to know what was going on, they thought the handset sent out was only a temporary replacement because the original handset was taking more than 4 days to repair... until i told them of the email i had which said the phone was unrepairable...

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

14 days...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

each time you post on your own thread it puts yu back to the end of the queue
0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

really? Virgin Media logic...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

community support. If its getting input from users the forum is going its job. when it can't vm get to the post. As said phoning in if you need a faster reply. You may get told to call in my VM anyway
0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I just phoned them again... it's being escalated to management, like 2 weeks ago...

Genius! They really do know how to lose custom...

0 Kudos
GooglyBear
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

low and behold... the promised 48 hours time frame has passed... testing my patience VM... still no contact

0 Kudos